Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Epic Quest of Epic Failure.  (Read 735 times)

The Epic Quest of Epic Failure.
« on: April 25, 2010, 09:54:38 am »

You are all that stands in the way of a massive demon force threatining to invade the land. You don't know much about what is going on but a full explanation has been promised after this battle. A medium sized demon force of 3 cohorts is threatening your base camp. You and your fellow soldiers much defend your home from this attack force and strengthen yourselves against the demon horde.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, this is how it will work. It is set in the normal dwarf fortress world however a few hundred years in the future, this means some small advances over current tech but nothing stupid such as "Alien laser beam cannons". At first not much is revealed as you know as much as your character does, nothing. However after the Epic battle you will find out more and I'll delve into some deep RP that I don't feel like right now. Anyway, this is how the battle will work: I have a dice program that goes to 100, at first I will roll to see who hits first, you or your opponent, then I will roll again to determine the damage of the hit.

For you:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For the enemy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This system will be refined for the different types of enemies you will face, at the moment this is the current system for adverage level foes. As your characters progress the number will reflect that accordingly.

Now, with your characters, no matter who you are you are part of the Alliance to start with, you will all participate in the fight and I presume some of you will die, you can create another character if this happens but the first one STAYS DEAD.
The races you can play are:
Human
Dwarf
Elf
While this seems like a small list I will allow you to create any type of class you want so long as they wouldn't be considered on the side of the demons.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Description:
Bio:
Extra:

I will not have a character as I always end up leading and it gets hard to force events to happen without every one cooperating. Instead I will guide this quest to the demon's lair by NPC's and all other type of communication. I will also play the role of bosses and the such. I plan on making this very in depth but able for anyone to drop in at almost any given time. Although the story hasn't been fleshed out yet it will soon and I will add to the summary at the top.

Now, just post your character sheet and after we get three I will start the battle with more joining as they wish.

Please note: If you want to join later in the game please PM me and I will introduce a place or time for you to join with minimum suspention of disbelief.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:31:28 pm by Thedorfwhostoleyourcoffee »
Maybe a blunt question, but does she have any reason to not trust you?
Yes, I'm sort of a serial cheater.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Epic Quest of Epic Failure.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 11:51:38 am »

Name: Reginald
Race: Elf
Class: Machinator
Bio: Elves are not the most physically impressive of the races, and Reginald is certainly no exception to this trend. He does tend to go against other conventions of the civilised races, though. He has little concept of morality, and only cares about such matters to appease others. He is very analytical, and likes to expolit situaitons and people for his own gain. In most stories, he finds the villain to be a much more admirable character, as heroes often rely on chance or the help of others to achieve their goals.
Extra: When speaking, he likes to say the right thing. As a result, his speech is filled with pauses as he searches for the most appropriate word, and some do not understand the more obscure words. He can be quite bad at picking up things about people. He is much better with numbers, and tries to lure people into unfair games of chance to make money.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:24:45 am by ed boy »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 03:37:49 pm »

Grey
Thirtysomething
Class: Charming Rouge
Description: Although he's a skilled fighter, Grey's only around becuase he was promised treasure. He's got a nasty dagger at his belt and has liberated some chainmail, a buckler, and a war hatchet from the armory.
Bio: Oi. I'm here to help out while getting some treasure for myself. That's all I'd like to share.
Extra: What part of that's all I'd like to share don't you get? Eh?

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 03:44:47 pm »

Name: Diab
Class: Macedwarf
Description: A young dwarven man ready who is willing to fight for any reason. Has an iron mace and wears iron chainmail, leggings, guantlets, and has an iron buckler.
Bio: Enlisted in the military at age 15. Nothing else of note.
Extra: Is color-blind.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.