Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: remove downward stairways  (Read 2496 times)

zeke47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
remove downward stairways
« on: April 24, 2010, 11:13:43 am »

is the only way to do this through channeling?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: remove downward stairways
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 11:16:24 am »

is the only way to do this through channeling?
The quick, cheap way is just to build a floor over it.
If you are planning to build a well, just build a well over it anyway.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

zeke47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 11:16:50 am »

let me clarify my problem, i build updown stairway then below it i acidently build downward stairway instead of upward, now there is a downward stairway and i don't know how to change it to upward stairway, would i have to build another stairway down or could i do it from above through a channel build floor then build a upward stairway ontop of the floor

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:17:49 am »

let me clarify my problem, i build updown stairway then below it i acidently build downward stairway instead of upward, now there is a downward stairway and i don't know how to change it to upward stairway, would i have to build another stairway down or could i do it from above through a channel build floor then build a upward stairway ontop of the floor
You should be able to construct an upward stairway on the same stair. It'll just be converted to an up/down stairway.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 11:18:54 am »

Or construct an updown stair just to be sure.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 01:05:27 pm »

Or construct an updown stair just to be sure.

I've gotten stuck when I try to build the up only ontop of a down stairwell. I think up stairwase have a 'floor' tile built into them, thus when you build one in 'open air' nothing can fly up through the bottom of them.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 02:01:50 pm »

If you dug the down stair, you should be able to build over it with b-C. If you built it, d-n will remove it for you.

zeke47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 02:28:55 pm »

i couldnt build it without first creating a second way down thnxs for the help