Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Your most badass dwarf ever  (Read 4980 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Your most badass dwarf ever
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 03:14:25 am »

See The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain.

I saw a dwarven queen keep on fighting, long after all she loved had been killed by the elves or taken away by fate, holding off entire waves of invaders by herself, until she was laid to rest with over 2,300 kills to her name. Her husband only got 1,955. The fate of their clan and offspring was pretty exciting as well.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 03:53:54 am »

I thought the swordsdwarf who gave birth in the middle of a pitched battle on a staircase was pretty hardcore. Pretty sure she won too.

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 04:10:46 am »

one of my early forts in 31.01 I was still wrestling with the bugged military and other assorted nonsense, so when my first ambush showed up (two at once), i only had 5 dwarves with virtually no skills, no armor, and armed only with training axes.

I sent them out, and 4 were immediately slaughtered, although they did manage to chase off 7 of the invaders. 3 goblins remained.

my militia commander fought 3 goblins, in iron armor, with silver spears.
with no skills. no armor. and a training axe.
for over a season.

she finally died. but not before mortally wounding one of the goblins (hell if i know how) and sending another running. by the end she had become a legendary axedwarf and dodger.

i dispatched the final goblin with two miners. these guys tagteamed him. each ended up putting their pick into one of his legs, knocking it down, then one strangled it. (found the combat reports at this point, i wish i had found it early enough to read the militia commander's epic battle).

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 04:33:01 am »

The only dwarf I have ever had that could be called a legend. His name was Urist something (it was actually Urist, that is the only reason I remember it) and he was the leader of my very last fort in the 40d series. I gave him the usual social skills required in a leader to start off with, but he was also my fourth miner, untrained. During the first season he broke both his arms and his upper body in a cave-in that was supposed to be controlled.

This didn't seem to bother him at all. As I had no beds at the time he continued to work for the next two years digging and eventually becoming a legendary miner +5. Once all the digging was finished, he became my first axedwarf, and my sheriff. He quickly gained some skill (still with all his broken parts) and killed three goblin ambushes and various kobold thieves. After a year of peace, the first full siege arrived, six wrestler goblins, an axelord and a marksgoblin. As Urist was my only military dwarf, it was up to him to defend his people.

He killed them all, but got shot in the lower body while still a few tiles away. He still seemed to not even notice his wounds at all. After two more sieges that ended in similar fashion, a titan appeared at the edge right near my entrance, crossed my moat and bridge before the lever was pulled, and got his head chopped clean of in the first stoke of Urist's steel axe, who was standing right at the entrance. He then proceeded to be the sole defender against the goblins, and orcs once they showed up, for the remaining six years of my fort.

He never took the time to rest a single one of his wounds, if it didn't stop him from swinging his pick or battle axe, it wasn't even worth noticing. Since he had the name Urist, and was unquestionably dwarfy, I have adopted him as the model dwarf that every dwarf should strive to be like. Until the day they achieve this level, they will always be fodder for mining the last part of a magma-channel complex, or some such task.

"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 04:56:29 am »

A while ago I had a fort with a female dwarf in it, and she was probably one of the most badass dwarves I have ever, ever seen.
Had her positioned as a kind of crappy captain of the guard, to make sure she didn't harm my dwarves more than necessary.
But she somehow ended up with legendary hammerdwarf, armor user, shield user and full agile, strength and so on. She was maxed out completely in those combat skills.
Now, she also ended up with 190 kills to her name in the course of 4 years of shitty sieges. Btw, this is not counting wolves and other animals.
The most memorable time to me is the time when humans decided to siege us for no reason, and she went there after them. All 50 of them she took on, alone. I'm not sure what she actually did to them, but it looked pretty gruesome, as she dragged their horses around and executed them. Looked like she drowned a lot of the horses too. And the men....lets not talk about the men.
This dwarf got shot twice in the head, and broke about every single limb in her body at some point, but she got out of it eventually. I miss her and that save....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]