Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Indestructible Forgotten beasts, bug or feature? (spoilers)  (Read 1639 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Indestructible Forgotten beasts, bug or feature? (spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 12:08:58 pm »

Ten masterwork steel serrated discs, mounted on masterwork mechanisms, should do the trick. Adamatine would be better, but there is a limit to how much you have, and with only ~30% chance to get a masterwork, you'll need to do some melting.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 12:34:35 pm »

Can you kill a creature that already has all it's parts broken open with such a sword? Awfully troublesome to have to get your military to run away from a forgotten beast to let it heal before you can split it in half.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 03:11:22 pm »

Can you kill a creature that already has all it's parts broken open with such a sword? Awfully troublesome to have to get your military to run away from a forgotten beast to let it heal before you can split it in half.

Yes, in arena mode I had a completely broken up bronze collosus, giving a creature a slade sword finished him off.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 04:18:47 pm »

Ok, in fortress mode we just have to hope we can get a mood for weapons made out of unusual stuff. Feel like doing some modding so we can find out which property of slade makes that work?
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 04:22:10 pm »

I like the idea of things being immortal, such that the only way to defeat them is to imprison them deep underground, usually at massive expense. You'd be sending your entire military to their deaths, with their goal being to keep it busy just long enough to seal it off, entombing the immortal beast with the corpses of your brave soldiers as a testament to their dedication.

Its the stuff legendary engravings are made out of.

Megabeasts SHOULD be scary.

I really disliked the old megabeasts in 40D. Having a no-skill fisherdwarf strangle a dragon to death is just dumb.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 04:49:31 pm »

I don't think any of them are indestructible, they're just not kill able by dwarfly hands. (Or dragons, for that matter). However, you can find a creative way of dealing with them. I suggest atom smashing, as it's possibly the one surefire way to get the job done Xd.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 08:16:04 pm »

I like the idea of extremely tough creatures, and extremely is emphasized, but there must be a way to kill them eventually without some fancy construction project that you may or may not be capable of doing after it's arrived. perhaps a minimum-skill requirement to deal the fatal blow? So that only a champion weapon user can finish it off after it's accumulated enough damage, to some body part, doesn't have to be every body part totaled up but rather a very high limit on the amount of damage the upper body/head can take.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 [2]