Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water/Ice in a reaction for custom workshop.  (Read 531 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Water/Ice in a reaction for custom workshop.
« on: April 21, 2010, 03:37:43 pm »

If I want a reaction to use either a chunk of ice or a bucket of water in a custom reaction, is there a tag for that?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Water/Ice in a reaction for custom workshop.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 04:51:59 pm »

I've tried to get water to show up... effectively through reaction and it's a hassle.

I don't know about ice, I haven't thought about that one actually. If anyone knows that one, that'd be awesome. Also...

I have to go some where at the moment, so I'll try to make sense...

you'd probably want a reaction using a barrel (would be better than a bucket I believe, but I could be wrong) depending what it is for of course.

So something like...

Reaction-a-barrel preserve-reagent empty
product 100 1 water (i forget the tag) to-container a

something like that more or less.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:03:19 pm »

I tihnk what hes trying to do is use the water as a reagent, not a product. I wouldnt know exactelly what tag you would need, but any tag that can be recognised should be in the DF string dump found here http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/String_dump#axzz0lm5HTdqS
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 05:31:17 pm »

Now that is the real tricky part. I have not been able to get any type of product to work that has to be contained in something. Like using a bag of sand to make something... it uses the bag, not the sand...

The ice might be a different story, but I'd have to search for that one and try a lot of miss and one hit kinda deal.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 06:25:17 pm »

Well, I couldn't get the other reaction I was trying to do to work out, so I guess there's no need to worry about this one.

(I was trying to make an ability to crush rock furniture and crafts into powder, then combine the powder and water to make blocks for building, but I couldn't get the crusher to accept just any item made of rock.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:43:26 pm »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that is a lot more useful. However yet again, yeah, the problem would be water. As I said earlier, I found out how to get it to use and keep the container, but it didn't use the contents of the container.

Crushing furniture should be so hard... I could look into it if you want? Would possibly be a handy thing for my guide. Pretty sure Deon could get a lot of use out of it as well. Deconstructing furniture/crafts to get the original product from which it was made... roughly.

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 07:58:53 pm »

You should be able to do the one that uses Ice, it is treated like any other boulder, like granite or what not.
As far as water in a bucket, that one seems a bit tougher.  Might want to try your item tokens of POWDER_MISC and LIQUID_MISC and see what that gets you.

Crushing furniture would be difficult, or at least clunky.  As far as I am aware, there is no item token of "Furniture", so you would need a reaction for everything, One for Doors, one for Tables, one for Thrones, etc. 
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »

Yeah, specifying what furniture would be hard, but I'm pretty sure you could be a little tricky and work some way out to being a little specific.