Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: is there anybody out there?  (Read 417 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
is there anybody out there?
« on: April 21, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »

It is year three of my fort and i have not received a dwarven caravan and i've only received 4 dwarves in 2 small packs of 2, is this a glitch or has migration and trade changed a lot so that the dwarves may not come?
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
Re: is there anybody out there?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:02:40 pm »

I think it's possible to not get any traders if you're far away from a dwarven Civ. I'm not sure.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:12:06 pm »

I don't care about the traders i just need more dwarves 8 just isn't enough, and to think i used to train my siege operators by firing ballistic at the migrants (I needed fortress guards, and I wanted to paint the walls red, yet had no paint)
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Tarot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:21:36 pm »

If your civilization (selected on the embark screen) is too small, and has no notable figures, caravans won't show up until they do, and you'll have a depressingly small amount of immigrants.  I've abandoned fortresses a couple times due to that.