Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can you answer a servey on realtionships for my psychology h/w?  (Read 2174 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Can you answer a servey on realtionships for my psychology h/w?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 11:40:36 pm »

Explanation of Strife's singular relationship:
I really like a female in JROTC who's a year older than me. I eventually worked up the courage to ask her to the military ball. She agreed; however, the day before the ball, she said that she wouldn't enjoy the ball and didn't want me to be stuck with her at it (attendance for her was required). I honestly think that I misled her when asking her (making it seem like it wasn't a serious date) then coming on too strong when I asked what color corsage I should get. I'm a fucking idiot and haven't felt the need to dabble in relationshipy things since.
We've all been there sometime or another, and some of us are still in that hellhole (probably for far longer than we appear). I'm one of those still in the hole, but I figure I might as well dig deeper instead of out (willingly). So to put it, I'm hunting for a succubus.

If this is/was a recent matter, I think you could still dig your way out. Just explain to her where the context went to crap and where things need to be cleared up.

BTW, being hopelessly romantic is just that, hopeless. At least, according to my many pathetic attempts, it'll just make you creepy, or load their guns to shoot you down. It is okay otherwise if you're not being serious about it however, according to hypothesis.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 11:42:59 pm »

Dwarf fortress players may not be a good sample (unless thats the idea). A good chunk of them are either short, heavily bearded, not attractive in human terms, manic-depressive, have conflicting personality traits, are mechanically inclined, and sit around in the dark talking to eachother about how the others can't comprehend their lifestyle.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 11:53:07 pm »

Being burned sucks.

I was invited to play chaperone/birthday present for an out of state week long RenFair. We were fairly close, defacto couple I suppose.  We goofed around on-line. And during that week, it uh, progressed. She due to other events of the RenFair consider the entire thing a wash, including what transpired between us, and ended it. Awesome first time.

It uh, well. It sucked hardcore. She did the cliche line of being friends, and I did, for about a six months or so. We're still friendly but we're not close friends anymore.

I've done better since then.

Right now, my issue is that I'm attracted to personality. It leads to a slew of issues.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 12:15:15 am »

Being burned sucks.
That, it does. Thanks to heading up to Atlanta a couple weeks ago to visit my older brother, I was surprised to learn that I was surprisingly successful (whereas I didn't notice crap; so to put it, I unwittingly succeeded-ish for the first time in my life). That ought to tell you lots about me right there. So to put it, I take the form of a human made of charcoal (or just plain coal/ash). I'm overdone and God is overdue in making me a diamond aside my jaded personality. I can't tell if a person is flirting with me, leading me on, or anything. Now just plain B.S.ing with someone, I can tell easy; flirting, what's that?

Quote from: MrWiggles
Right now, my issue is that I'm attracted to personality. It leads to a slew of issues.
Hey, flowers wilt, but the roots are persistent. If anything personality is the best route; looks are a bonus. Now it may mean (at times, and as shallow it may sound) scraping the bottom of the barrel, but you'll be surprised sometimes. Maybe it takes success in their eyes to improve themselves. Some people are beauty butterflies, others social butterflies, and more often moths. It's kinda hard to tell apart by cocoon or pupae stage alone, especially if not well-versed.

For a time, I at least considered a butterfly reward method. You know, I only open up if I have another person do the work. In a way, it's not only a reward to the one who finally accepts, but also to those who actually helped. In a way, I would show my truer personality towards my family and friends (if they actually provided some decent help for once) or keep it a secret to someone who can actually understand me sans translator (contextually; essentially someone who "gets" me). In a way, I'd like to explore and exploit the jealousy element, understand it, and beat society over the head with it. From the looks of things, jealousy is not used as a security measure, but instead as a spiteful sociopath's weapon, much like you'd see in a sitcom.

If we're going for personality, I'm actually seeking someone as insane as I am. So to put it, reality would break with our minds combined. I also would seek a person with enough balls to do some badass stuff (at least, in more social situations, but physical insanity as well would also qualify). In essence, I want someone fun and funny. A good thing in common with the masses, fun factor and sense of humor are a must, with those in tow, looks matter far less. Of course, a hidden factor I would also seek is someone who doesn't give a crap about my income (unless it seriously matters; you know, long-term stuff, not short-term materialistic crap).

I apologize if I derailed this at all. I'll spoiler it if need be.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 12:27:43 am »

I know.

I'm not currently lacking in the attention of girls right now. Two currently. Neither is serious nor continual.

For myself, it means I dont really date. I don't find girls attractive, nor boys. I dont look at a girl and go 'Hey I want to get to know her better' or do that towards anyone really. I'm quite insular in this respect. I dont have any thoughts of romantic entanglement.

Thats the kicker, I know that dating is a process getting to know someone. Without an under laying need to go do so. So I get to know someone outside the context of a hope intimate relationship and in the context of friendship.

And when we're friends is when if I were going to have feeling or attractiveness is when I know. Crossing over the friends line is generally not a easy thing to do. So I find myself in the friends zone a lot.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 12:31:18 am »

Questions:
Are you male or female?
I am a man

How old are you in years?
OLD ENOUGH YOU FUCKER RUN GUYS THE COPS ARE ONTO US GET THE LIQUOR TO THE PARTY

Are you presently in a monogamous, romantic (emotionally intimate) relationship?
All of the above

Have you been in a monogamous romantic relationship at some point in the past two years?
Yes, at least 19 of them.

If you are currently single, and if you feel comfortable writing such, what is the reason(s) you and your previous partner separated?
My father had a disagreement with her about immodest clothing, which ended with him beating her until she miscarried and then stabbing me in the head with a broken stick. Later, somebody made a painting about it.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being extremely unattractive, 10 being extremely attractive, how physically attractive would you rate yourself?

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being extremely unattractive, 10 being extremely attractive, how physically attractive would you rate your partner/previous partner?
Am I supposed to compare to myself? If so, definitely a 1. If it's just an average, then it is a 10.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being very unimportant, 10 being very important, how important do you believe physical attractiveness is in a relationship?

During the relationship, have you ever felt dissatisfied with your partner/previous partner? [ Y / n ]
I feel dissatisfied with people ALL THE TIME.

Have you ever cheated (i.e Unpermitted sexual behaviours with someone not in the relationship) on any of your monogamous partners?
Baby, I permit all the sexual behaviours I indulge in.

Have you ever been in a situation where it would be possible to cheat on any of your partners, but elected not to?
There was one incident with Renee Zelwigger, yeah. But only cause she looks like my mom. :(

Have you ever cheated on your current/previous partner?
Not by your definition of cheating!

Have you ever had a partner cheat on you?
I never let them. So unless the corpses in my floorboards are having lesbian relations, that's a no.

Has your current/previous partner ever cheated on you?
Yes. God yes. We were playing Modern Warfare 2 and she totally wallhacked.

In the event your partner cheated on you, and were generally regretful of this, how likely on a scale of 1 to 10, one being never and 10 being definitely, do you think you would be to continue the relationship?
1. That's going too far, bitch.

If you feel comfortable doing so, could you please give an explanation as to your answer to the previous question?
BECAUSE IT'S GOING TOO FAR, BITCH! WHY WOULD ANYBODY ASK ME SUCH PERSONAL QUESTIONS? WHAT KIND OF MONSTER ARE YOU? DO YOU REALIZE WHAT KIND OF WOUNDS YOU HAVE OPENED UP INSIDE OF ME? DAMNIT, I CAN'T HANDLE THIS! BRB GETTING COLT 45.

I hope this helps with your quantitative survey! Please note: psychology and sociology assignments about surveys are deceptive.

Reread everything.

Or you will fail.

Totally on topic: Wish I had two girls hanging off me.

Seriously, my best relationships have been after dating. I think it sets a nice foundation if they go into the relationship and they consider you as their 'boyfriend' or 'that cute guy' or 'the rod of justice', or whatever it is women refer to men they like as. Just find somebody attractive and give it a try. It's actually a lot of fun. You get to dress up and eat nice food and stuff (depending on the date, though I never go anywhere with a girl that doesn't involve eating. My polite table manners come with animal magnetism. Rawr).
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Geti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 01:01:35 am »

Sex?
Male
Age?
With someone?
Yes.
Been with someone within 2 years?
Yes. Also not single
How good do you think you look?
7-8
How good does your partner look?
How important are looks in a relationship?
Have you been dissatisfied ever?
Of course. We have our ups and downs.
Have you cheated ever?
Yes. Once.
Has it been possible to cheat ever, but you decided not to?
Yes. Too often.
Have you ever cheated on your current/previous partner?
No.
Have you ever had a partner cheat on you?
Yes. Twice. It sucked.
Has your current/previous partner ever cheated on you?
Not to my knowledge.
How easily you be able to forgive your current partner if they cheated?
If you feel comfortable doing so, could you please give an explanation as to your answer to the previous question?
I'd be more likely to continue a relationship than to end it in the result of cheating, because dealing with problems is something I'm generally good at, but obviously there would have to be changes and it would be dependent on the severity of the incident in question.
However, in the event of multiple infedelities, my trust would likely be shattered and I would be unlikely to continue a relationship.
Relationships are largely about trust, for me, but I can understand someone slipping. We're all human.

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 10:06:46 am »

Thank you all who replied ^^ I no longer need any help =D

For those of you interested:
The hypothesis was derived from one of the theories of relationships, the theory itself practically ignoring homosexuality unfortunately requiring my hypothesis to do the same, and was basically that in a romantic relationship, there will be a positive correlation between willingness to forgive a partner for cheating, and physical attractiveness of that partner.

I doubt I'll get any worth-while results from this, definitely nothing scientifically rigorous, it's more about learning the basic process of analysing results, creating questionnaires to an acceptable standard etc. at the moment.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 12:48:47 pm »

... How large was your total sample size?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 01:11:13 pm »

About twenty from college, everyone that answered here, and about five from another forum. Not typed up all the data yet so I've not actually counted what not yet (some may have not answered all required questions or something and have to be removed). That comes up next ^,,,^

It's not enough to actually prove anything, but to be honest I don't like a lot of psychology as a science much anyway -,,,-

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 02:01:54 pm »

So, I'm weird then. Go me!

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 03:12:28 pm »

Hypothesis =/= Results ^.^ And even if on average a correlation was found, correlation does not alone imply causation ^.^

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 04:39:39 pm »

[serious]I feel like I need to hug strife.[/serious]

Serious tag for clarity.
*Hugs Strife.*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 05:58:13 pm »

Hypothesis =/= Results ^.^ And even if on average a correlation was found, correlation does not alone imply causation ^.^

I'm well aware of the fallacy.
Pages: 1 [2]