Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weaponized Syndromes (no mods, yes spoilers)  (Read 2956 times)

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponized Syndromes (no mods, yes spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 07:24:55 pm »

I believe that dangerous and infectious coverings have a lot of potential for dwarven warfare, if they can be harnessed appropriately.

It's possible that their truest potential for effective use lies in the hand of unscrupulous terrorists heroic adventurers to cowardly kill offvanquish the women and children of opposing civsevil races once and for all!

*Nods* I haven't played adventurer much, but it does seem like the current system *almost* supports gathering the blood of a slain forgotten beast and dumping it in the town well...
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 07:29:41 pm »

Yeah, if you don't mind your hands rotting first :D

Also, it IS possible to capture a Titan (I think).  You just have to knock it out first.  I saw a similar thing in 40d with a cave-in generator in a closed room full of cage traps, activated by a lever.  It was used (successfully!) to capture demons. :o
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:31:21 pm by Arkenstone »

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 07:35:01 pm »

Yeah, if you don't mind your hands rotting first :D

Also, it IS possible to capture a Titan (I think).  You just have to knock it out first.  I saw a similar thing in 40d with a cave-in generator in a closed room full of cage traps, activated by a lever.  It was used (successfully!) to capture demons. :o

Oh, I know. I wrote  a description of such a set up in Urist McTzu's Art of War... I just figure that anyone who can build a way to trap them, will be more than able to build a way to use them, too.

That was my comment about blood with the Unconcious feature- you could use it to build a field that would trap titans and forgotten beasts, by making them pass out on the traps.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »

Actually... I didn't realize helmet snakes were tameable. They'd certainly make a good one for a torture chamber/trade depot, then...

Would also likely be good against some of the "Unkillable" fleshy enemies- the blobs and the like. I think necrosis should do them in...

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 11:11:31 pm »

Actually... I didn't realize helmet snakes were tameable. They'd certainly make a good one for a torture chamber/trade depot, then...

Would also likely be good against some of the "Unkillable" fleshy enemies- the blobs and the like. I think necrosis should do them in...

Now that... That is worthy of note.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 02:21:50 am »

Anyone know if a "blood  drip" room would work? Have the the room above be full of animals and blood, with a grate floor, in hopes of it pooling in the room below, upping invader's chances of getting hit?

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 04:31:21 am »

Looking at the raws, cave blobs will not breed, so getting renewable sources would be hard.

On the topic of blood, putting Iron Men will expel gas that causes iron men cough, a non-lethal disease with mild bleeding, this might be an effective way the get the titans to bleed without endangering them.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 03:22:31 pm »

Oh, that's clever: using one contagion to unleash another-

sounds like the sort of reaction that goes on in an H-bomb... :D

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 05:59:51 pm »

Knowing Dwarves, they'd weaponise syndromes by attempting to tie knives to them.

*Cue SMBC comic.*
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.
Pages: 1 [2]