Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best embark ever.  (Read 2258 times)

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best embark ever.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 09:41:28 pm »

every encounter I've had against GCS' was pitifully one-sided in this version due to the material system (they had trouble biting through a poorly armored wrestler dwarf's clothes). Now if it were helmet snakes, then you should be worried. Still, cage traps at the entrance tunnel to the caverns should be a priority.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 09:44:47 pm »

If there was a guy with a chainsaw, THEN you should be worried.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 10:06:18 pm »

Of course, you know the dragon was weakened somewhat by the wagon falling on him out of the sky.

"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the wagon as it fell was 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the wagon had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 10:07:11 pm »

Of course, you know the dragon was weakened somewhat by the wagon falling on him out of the sky.

"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the wagon as it fell was 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the wagon had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

*Facepalm*

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 10:49:55 pm »

That.... that right there is win. Pure, absolute win. So the wagon for every embark is the same wagon, reincarnated by Armok simply to illustrate the futility of trying to branch out from the mountainhomes?
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 02:01:13 am »

That.... that right there is win. Pure, absolute win. So the wagon for every embark is the same wagon, reincarnated by Armok simply to illustrate the futility of trying to branch out from the mountainhomes?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Really, it's more like the happy fun box that Armok sends to entice perfectly normal dwarfs away from home and reprogram them to his whims before releasing them into the wild.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 03:56:52 am »

Some pics.

Mind telling me where your hosting those pics? as they don't show up for me :(
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 12:53:28 pm »

Some pics.

Mind telling me where your hosting those pics? as they don't show up for me :(

They're hosted on my photobucket.
Pages: 1 [2]