Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Tale of Two Fortresses (Community, 2010)  (Read 2443 times)

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
  • Titan cancels smash, interrupted by baby
    • View Profile
Re: A Tale of Two Fortresses (Community, 2010)
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 11:56:45 am »

Labor of Typhons
Likot McGroundskeep
Park Ranger, Fishing and Logging Exploratory Dept.

5 AxeDwarf
3 Fishing
2 Carpentry

1 Copper Axe
10 Dwarven Ale
9 Plump Helmets
1 Bag of Red Sand
1 Bag of Yellow Sand
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:09:56 pm by TheMirth »

Psyence

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Magma: It makes everything better. Yes, even that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 01:51:19 pm »

Would be cool if there was some kind of ideological divide between the fortresses. Like Commie/Nazi, Tree-Hugger/Elf-hater, or anything.
This is a good idea. Perhaps have the two teams in the same fort at first, but then one team gets kicked out due to said divide.
Urist cancels Research;
Needs accessible Magma.
Dwarven Scientists

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 01:53:52 pm »

alright. i vote preference in food. red team are strict carnivores, eating meat and lots of it. blue are the exact opposite; vegetarians.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 02:34:13 pm »

Nice idea Dwarfguy2 except that The skills support Red being the vegetarians with blue being the carnivores. But maybe that's the 'fun' in it.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 03:53:44 pm »

Also, I request a miner or engraver in the Red Fortress please. Name it Urist McSheb
The red fortress was already filled so the last dwarf went to TheMirth.
It may seem a little unfair but you did not have the list of items and skills to bring and you were bringing skills that both fortresses already had.
You can always claim a dwarf on next immigration.

Labor of Typhons
Likot McGroundskeep
Park Ranger, Fishing and Logging Exploratory Dept.

5 AxeDwarf
3 Fishing
2 Carpentry

1 Copper Axe
10 Dwarven Ale
9 Plump Helmets
1 Bag of Red Sand
1 Bag of Yellow Sand

Only Black Sand and Sand is available so I just gave you that.
Also,  your profession name is past the character limit so I shortened it to Park Ranger for now.
I am not sure if there is a way to replace both the first and last name with a custom name, but right now I only know how to change first name so you will just be called Likot.

Would be cool if there was some kind of ideological divide between the fortresses. Like Commie/Nazi, Tree-Hugger/Elf-hater, or anything.
alright. i vote preference in food. red team are strict carnivores, eating meat and lots of it. blue are the exact opposite; vegetarians.
I am leaving these up to the preferences of the players who are on each side as I wanted it to be more of a decision of the players to decide how their fortress works.

Now all of the starting dwarfs have been claimed, it is time for the players of each side to decide upon how to start off.  This can include anything: what you want your dwarf to do, your dwarf's personality, fortress diagrams, particular preferences you have, what you want your sides ideology to be, etc.  This can be nearly anything and I will try to perform such requests to the best of my ability, both in how I play the game and the story/reports that I post.  Now it isn't necessary to give any information and if you don't I will do my best to improvise my way through.  I will begin the fortress either tonight or, depending on the responses, tomorrow.

Psyence

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Magma: It makes everything better. Yes, even that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 05:47:26 pm »

Welp, I'm the miner and the woodcutter.

Ignatio is quick-witted and very focused. He has a strange sense of humor and sometimes makes puzzling remarks. He is not afraid to use any means necessary to get a job done. He can also be very stubborn. He detests useless or un-needed things, such as Urist McPotashmaker, or Grand Master Fisherdwarves immigrating to a fort in the desert. He is fond of the saying "plumb the depths" and aspires to be a Legendary Miner. Ignatio is a risktaker, and lives life on the edge.

When Ignatio was chosen to be one of the founding members of a new fortress he began practicing practical skills. Skills like woodcutting and carpentry. He also thought ahead and brought along a rope so a well could be made with minimal delay. Why a well? Because it never hurts to have a backup supply of beverages in case the booze runs dry.
Urist cancels Research;
Needs accessible Magma.
Dwarven Scientists

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 05:51:38 pm »

oo! i get a receptionist type personality!

*adjusts glasses*

and which fort would you happen to be joining, sir?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 08:20:06 pm »

Likot will haul, cut wood, butcher, train dogs, make (beds, bins and barrels), plant gathering, fish, clean fish and whatever industry needs work but with an eye towards cultivating the topside towards dwarven ends. A secure perimeter, a fresh water supply and sustainable food and trade.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 08:42:59 pm »

I believe there is an init file setting to allow you to rename both names.

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 09:29:40 pm »

I believe there is an init file setting to allow you to rename both names.

your right. Bottom of init.txt int the init folder.

Also, I would like to claim a dwarf for the Robust Helms

name: Johann Schmidtt

profession: 5 points axedwarf/ 3 armor points/ 2 shield points

items: best axe/ steel suit of armor + shield/ 2 wardogs one of each sex/ 25 prepared elephant brains  + 25 dwarven rum 

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 10:55:00 pm »

Also, I request a miner or engraver in the Red Fortress please. Name it Urist McSheb
The red fortress was already filled so the last dwarf went to TheMirth.
It may seem a little unfair but you did not have the list of items and skills to bring and you were bringing skills that both fortresses already had.
You can always claim a dwarf on next immigration.

No Problem, actually I was thinking that all the starting Dwarves had been claimed already, that's why I didn't bother with items.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 08:37:15 am »

I think the meat eaters must've won the closing argument before the two groups made it to the fortress build site.
Pages: 1 [2]