Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Neck Snapping  (Read 1643 times)

Peteł

• Bay Watcher
  • Mentlegen.
    • View Profile
Re: Neck Snapping
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 01:07:18 pm »

I just wrestled a goblin, my giant seemingly gouged every body part available and then died to multiple gut, lung and heart bruises. The goblin's head is broken open (dark yellow wound) and her nose is gone. She became a legendary fighter and legendary wrestler in the process.
And now she is threatening my newly created unarmed SPEED:1 dwarf. *shivers*
The dwarf is dead, although he was a legendary wrestler for about three turns. Then he got hit.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:16:49 pm by Peteł »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 12:46:10 am »

I got it! repeted strangulation after a while will eventually snap the neck like in metal gear,

That's pretty cool. I'm going to go try that with a giant, like Ninja suggested.
I think it was a suggestion for a change, not a statement of how the current version works.
Right now, the closest you can get is pinching people's heads off.

Oh. Dammit. Yeah, I tried, it didn't break any necks.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 07:22:24 am »

I quite liked going all Sam Fisher on my enemies, and as for it being too lethal.
Find someone who is unconscious (either asleep or just KO'ed or even make them unconscious >:D) and grab their head with your hand (has to be the hand) then simply pinch their heads and... pop, their head comes off with the obvious result being instant death.
At least the Sam Fisher neck snap is realistic (although you can mod in that the upper and lower body can be locked and thus snap the spinal column for those extreme wrestling fans).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 02:33:30 pm by Evil One »
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 08:38:21 am »

Damn. I was about to make a Sam Fisher reference. You beat me to it.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2]