Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about [LAVA] token.  (Read 966 times)

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions about [LAVA] token.
« on: April 14, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »

If multiple stones have the [LAVA] token and you build what would have been an "obsidian" farm what kind of stone will you make? Will it be random each time you make a square solid? Will it be only one type of lava stone for the magma pipe? Will it be one type of stone for the whole world? Will this change the lining of the magma pipe (all magma pipes had obsidian around them)? Will the lining of the magma pipe be the same as the stone the "obsidian" farm produces?

I know that for the [DEEP] token which mineral you got was random and all the [DEEP] material at the HFS was the same type, so my guess would be that [LAVA] works the same way but I'm not sure so I'm asking if anyone has experimented.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about [LAVA] token.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 04:40:45 pm »

I tried lava'ing several rock types at once and it chose raw admantine for all forms of it.
That was in the previous version though so if you want to experiment a bit go right ahead sir.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 05:53:02 pm »

I've got a semi-related question to this: does anyone know if the [LAVA] tag still determines what the dark fortress site type is made of? Also with multiple lava stones, will each fortress be made of a single type, each world having fortresses of a particular type, or a fortress being a patchwork of different stones? Also same question for magma men and their USE_LAVA_STONE itemcorpse token?

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 02:50:43 pm »

If you tag multiple minerals with [LAVA], the game will randomly (once for every embark) choose what ONE mineral will be result of magma+water reaction and the same mineral will encircle the magma pipe.
And it won't change on future reclaim.
Finis sanctificat media.