Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Piecewise's Shambling Grotesqueries (Updated April 16 with Centaur)  (Read 1423 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

So I'm sitting here trying to teach myself how to mod and decided to share the stitched together lumps of flesh which resulted from my autodidactic methods. If you feel like using one of these things then just credit me and go nuts.
If you want a custom creature/ a custom poison just let me know and I'll try to stitch it together.
(Edit, fixed the word wrap formatting issue, should be better now.)
Plague carrier
First experiment with the new system. Basically just a human who's blood is packed full of a fun poison. Basically envisioned as an unfortunate adventurer who wandered too deep into the swamps, got himself infected with a horrible disease and is now infecting anyone they come in contact with.  Try not to get any blood on you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rakshee
A creation of mine; a giant, flying, eyeless, worm like creature which inhabits the deserts and has molten silver for blood. 

Man-Eater
A beast which roams the deep forests and preys on unfortunate wanderers. It's a large, black beast with glowing red eyes and a mouth like a bear trap. About the size of the horse with a physical resemblance similar to a wingless,tail-less dragon. Has a distressing habit of biting heads off within 3 turns.   

Balrog
Doubt this needs introduction. I suggest not getting close or it will cause your skeleton to catch on fire and your brain to boil.

Volvagia
Fans of OoT should remember this creature

Popper dog
The same as a normal dog, except filled with non-lethal knockout gas. Great for disabling invaders and tantruming dwarves.

Centaur
Something everyone here should know

The Popper dog "Knockout Gas"

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:43:18 pm by piecewise »

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Piecewise's Shambling Grotesqueries
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:16:07 am »

Very much want, moar plz, etc.

This badly needs appropriately gruesome tiles. Also, may I suggest calling it something like "Draconian Man-Eater"? Man eater is not a very descriptive name in most DF worlds, especially those with elves.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:29:10 pm »

Added Volvagia

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:57 pm »

Do you mean "wyrm", not "wurm"?

Also I will draw the tiles. I like these creatures and I want to ask a permission to use them in my mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:28:43 pm »

Do you mean "wyrm", not "wurm"?

Also I will draw the tiles. I like these creatures and I want to ask a permission to use them in my mod.

I've seen it as both Wurm and Wyrm.

And go ahead and use them, I'm still making more too. Just credit me and everything.

Also, unrelated doodle of man-eater head

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:44:03 pm »

Is it awesome that I pictured that head as some sort of sideways flounder thing?

I didn't realize there were so many other disease tags; that plague carrier is pretty crazy.  I've got ideas for some really weird things, not to mention some real-life diseases.  Unfortunately instant-sleep poisons don't work like I'd hoped.  I was considering a trainable war creature that could be used like a knockout bomb.  Hopefully infections will someday be pathogen-centric, instead of just septic-shock time bombs.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 10:53:38 pm »

Is it awesome that I pictured that head as some sort of sideways flounder thing?

I didn't realize there were so many other disease tags; that plague carrier is pretty crazy.  I've got ideas for some really weird things, not to mention some real-life diseases.  Unfortunately instant-sleep poisons don't work like I'd hoped.  I was considering a trainable war creature that could be used like a knockout bomb.  Hopefully infections will someday be pathogen-centric, instead of just septic-shock time bombs.

Trainable creature to use as a knockout bomb? Give me a minute, I can do that

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 11:31:02 pm »

After a little artful stitching and some mild invasive surgery I've Jury rigged you a Trainible knockout beast. I call it a Popper Dog. Its just a dog, but this dog has a syndrome filled gas for blood. It's not lethal but it will cause quick unconsciousness,dizziness, drowsiness and vomiting. Basically, it's going to severely impair an enemy's ability to do pretty much anything for 1000 time units. Effects everything except the dog, so try not to stand too close.
Popper dog
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:04:22 am by piecewise »

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Piecewise's Shambling Grotesqueries (Updated April 15)
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 03:25:42 pm »

Maybe it's just me, but these are all formatting strange and making it basically impossible to copy without heavy editing.  Especially the last one, but thanks for the custom monster!  Didn't know there was a tag for unconsciousness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Piecewise's Shambling Grotesqueries (Updated April 15)
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 03:46:22 pm »

Maybe it's just me, but these are all formatting strange and making it basically impossible to copy without heavy editing.  Especially the last one, but thanks for the custom monster!  Didn't know there was a tag for unconsciousness.

Maybe its because I have word wrap on... lemme copy these back without word wrap. But really it shouldn't matter, just copy it all and dump it in the raw doc. Regardless, I've reposted all the raws so they should be formatted in a more recognizable way now. But once again, I've never had problems with running them on my game, so I guess DF understands them either way.

Here's an "unwrapped" popper dog
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:57:30 pm by piecewise »

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Piecewise's Shambling Grotesqueries (Updated April 16 with Centaur)
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 04:30:46 pm »

Works great now!  Aside from the fact that arena creatures refuse to sleep unless you are controlling one.

Few things I should point out:  You Balrog lacks an appropriate starting tag (probably just forgot to copy), and a number of those entries have ridiculous color values, so they go all predator and just look like whatever they happen to be standing on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 05:20:01 pm »

Works great now!  Aside from the fact that arena creatures refuse to sleep unless you are controlling one.

Few things I should point out:  You Balrog lacks an appropriate starting tag (probably just forgot to copy), and a number of those entries have ridiculous color values, so they go all predator and just look like whatever they happen to be standing on.
The colors were intentional for the man eater and rakshee, are they off on other creatures? Which tag is the Balrog missing? I only test in the arena myself so its very possible something is messed up.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 10:36:45 pm »

Colors now better, except on man-eater, because I like how it blends in, very predatory. Plague carrier now constantly bleeds, making it even more unpleasant.  I suggest a bow.