Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Artifacts  (Read 342 times)

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about Artifacts
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:37:20 pm »

I'm moding in some exotic weapons assigned to no civ, so that the artifact creation algorithm can occasionally result in something unique.

For melee weapons this is easy, but I have a few ideas for ranged weapons that I'm not sure will work.

My specific case is a cannon.  I've already made a special building that can be built using a cannon as materials, which owns reactions for the creation of cannonballs.  My question is:

In the previous version, once a champion latched onto an artifact weapon it was very hard to get him to let go.  Will I have a problem where the dwarves won't be able to use the cannon to create cannonballs because its wielder won't let go of it?

A second question:

I never noticed in the previous version; will dwarves make artifact toys and/or music instruments?  If so, will they create toys or instruments which aren't assigned to their civ?  (the idea here is the creation of a philosopher's stone which will allow elemental transmutation, via reactions).
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

AxisofLint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Artifacts
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 06:42:40 pm »

One of my moody kids made a musical instrument of some kind the other day. Think it was a lute.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Artifacts
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:47:13 pm »

that's actually a nice idea, the one about the philosopher's stone, but i think you will have trouble with the cannon.