Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [DF2010] I need shells!!!  (Read 3927 times)

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Re: [DF2010] I need shells!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 07:27:12 pm »

Add [SHELL] to the material template for animal hair. Your dwarves will use that instead.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Psithief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 08:57:45 pm »

This is a jet armor stand. All craftwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with jet. This object is adorned with hanging rings of jet and sardonyx and menaces with spikes of turquoise, reacher leather and rope reef fiber. On the item is an image of Atu Bridlefiends the goblin in amber opal. On the item is an image of donkeys in copper. On the item is an image of two waves in horse hair.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 09:21:51 pm »

This is a jet armor stand. All craftwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with jet. This object is adorned with hanging rings of jet and sardonyx and menaces with spikes of turquoise, reacher leather and rope reef fiber. On the item is an image of Atu Bridlefiends the goblin in amber opal. On the item is an image of donkeys in copper. On the item is an image of two waves in horse hair.
See? Works great.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

delphey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 08:49:52 pm »

Hey, I tried to do this same thing, and even slaughtered a couple animals, but the hair is stuck in the butcher.  Nobody wants to take it out to a refuse stockpile.  Anybody know what I might be doing wrong?  I just added [SHELL] to the second to last line under the material_template_default.txt file where hair is listed.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 11:47:18 pm »

I just gave in and modded in a new breed of dogs with shells. and named them turtle-dogs for the sake of doing so.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.
Pages: 1 [2]