Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resting dwarf with no intiative  (Read 553 times)

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Resting dwarf with no intiative
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:19:00 am »

A dwarf of mine was injured by frogmen, and easily made it back to a bed by himself. He healed pretty much everything except one yellow wound to the head, and now because I have no buckets hes tantruming and busy dying of thirst. I think a dwarf who can still walk should really be able to get his own drink if hes that desperate.

It wouldn't be a problem, but I have no trees on my map   :(

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Resting dwarf with no intiative
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 09:01:00 am »

Ah, its already in as bloat 99. Too late for the miner though...

Bask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 05:38:00 pm »

You can get magma smelters/forges running by the first winter. And forge copper buckets.

But I have seen many interesting situations when a legendary injured dwarf zooms around on his tasks and some poor peasant runs after him with a bucket for months.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 07:33:00 pm »

I've had a related problem: treeless map, no beds, and a dwarf with two yellow injuries.  I did make a brass bucket, so the other dwarves were watering him, but he couldn't rest without a bed.

Finally I did build a bed for him with my single remaining log.  First there was the problem of sleepy dwarves kicking him out of it.  Second was the problem that by this time, he was drowsy as well (and periodically in pain).  He rested at first when put in the bed, but not since then: just "No Job".

However, after a while I turned on "All Dwarves Harvest" cause the crops were rotting on the vine, and suddenly I get the following message: "Ushrir A¸bleliden, Mason cancels Harvest Plants: Resting injury."  And bang, finally he was resting, and partly healed up.

The resting code needs just a little more tweaking...   :p