Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: (2010 Community Fort): Dawndeeps the Cavern of Twlight  (Read 5297 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (2010 Community Fort): Dawndeeps the Cavern of Twlight
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 11:22:01 am »

Hey looks good ill take a mason thanks name Cognuke McW

Matthew117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 03:46:55 pm »

Ill take the wood cutter Led. Name her Nalbera. This is going to be an awesome fort I can feel it.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 04:43:17 pm »

I'll take the next military dwarf if possible,if not than any job is fine.name him sigurd.great story so far.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 07:00:59 pm »

Oh snap, massive influx of interest made my magma tubes inplode with joy.

I'll continue this game tomorrow... Or maybe later, it's 1am and I have some work to catch up on... but... It's Dwarf Fortress... even if it has crashed twice in a row.

Oh Urist, I can't stay mad at you. <3

Updating the taken peoples nao.

Edit;
I can't believe it just crashed again. I was copy-pasting an order between active and inactive... Will keep an eye out not to do that, again. I didn't do anything, anyway.
Also - so much has happened since my last save (3rd Felsite?) and the latest reports I write... Amazing. I feel like i'm cheating a little now, but at least those poor dwarves won't die again.
I hope.

Edit2;

Just so you know, I don't think I'll be handling any siege weaponry - my map is too small for a catapult to be of use, plus I won't be above ground at all. I rarely make use of Ballista for their ammunition usage, too, so... Yeah. =|
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:44:48 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 07:45:06 pm »

Dawndeeps, 8th Felsite, 1054

I awoke this morn to a most terrifying dream, filled with Giant Bats, blood and corpses... then I was alerted soon after of a Giant Bat to the north-east of the Lower Cavern.
I've placed guards and ordered the hasty completion of the lower walls.

Also, to a peculiar note, many of the dwarves have been calling each other by nicknames... Odd. I suppose my fashion is catching on.

Dawndeeps, 13th Felsite, 1054

The marksmen are guarding the Main Chamber in case the Giant Bat comes over the edge, whilst Iton is digging into the stalgtites and the masons making bridges so they can easily reach the walls.
The farms are completed, as are the doors and storage for the Hospital - now all we need is a few good taters tables and beds.
I'll be sending out a woodcutting expedition into the Upper Cavern soon, guarded by the Melee militia.

Dawndeeps, 18th Felsite, 1054

A traction bench is being constructed for the surgery, the walkways for the lower walls continue and an Elven Caravan has arrived, urging the construction of a Trade Depot.
...This seems awfully familiar...
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 09:10:50 pm »

Sorry guys, but these crashes are really beginning to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
me off.

I'll continue once they've been cleaned up.

I'm crashing left and right... If it's not setting zones, it's setting schedules for the military. I've just learned how to handle everything-military, too! On my ownz.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 02:29:51 am »

Hewwow Mr. Azkanan!  :3

Whenever you get it set back up could I maybe perhaps please with sugar on top and ice cream in the middle claim the dwarf Etur Bomrekston, Peasant?  If so, could you rename him 'Shpoot'? 

Evanjr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 02:52:20 am »

Tekkud Kadólozsit, Animal Caretaker Can I be him? Well, hopefully he is male, haha. If not I can be anyone and just name him Evanjr.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 07:33:08 am »

Edit2;

Just so you know, I don't think I'll be handling any siege weaponry - my map is too small for a catapult to be of use, plus I won't be above ground at all. I rarely make use of Ballista for their ammunition usage, too, so... Yeah. =|
Well...just train him up to legendary in a siege-related skill and change his profession to "Legendary Peasant"
Not doing anything is great, sure. But doing something half your life to just be able to NOT do anything at all and having everything you need?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 09:11:59 am »

Here is the log I had written from last night's play;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I'm going to be doing a reclaim so that I can get my Noble positions back. The dwarves claimed beforehand will still be under claim - present and future migrants - unless said otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:19:29 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 09:18:40 am »

'Huggz' Limarkokrost, Expedition Leader/Miner
Etur Ulzestkadol, Carpenter
'Nalbera' Luzatendok, Woodcutter
'Cognuke' Bavastdeduk, Mason
Rakust Uzobok, Farmer
Shem Eribkan, Militia Commander
'Azkanan' Thalaldeler, Doctor

Straw War Dog x3
Stray Cat x2
Stray Donkey x1

Ula Aranienure, Elf Merchant (??!?!?)

Dawndeeps 1st Granite, 1055

This is Huggz Limarkokrost reporting on the reclaimation of Dawndeeps.

Due to instability in the hierarchy of this place last year, the dwarves that had settled here upped and left. returning to the mountainhomes.
Our king is still interested in the rich ores and minerals of this location, and so he has sent us to reclaim. The previous two attempts have failed, but this time, we will make sure that it is seen to right!

We have found the ramproad that we were told about and are making out way down carefully.

Dawndeeps 2nd Granite, 1055

We have come across a fortified bridge, strewn with rubbish, rubble and a warthog going through the trash, ignoring us completely.

Dawndeeps 4th Granite, 1055

We've finally reached the main cavern of the settlement. Horse and Cow corpses litter the room, whilst the cobwebbed constructions, a Stillery, Carpentry, Loom and a few others stand where they were built.
A blind Cave Ogre has been spotted north-east, over the wall. Hopefully he won't be causing any trouble. Clean up operations have begun.

Dawndeeps 9th Granite, 1055

Dammit... The Ogre we spotted has somehow gotten over the walls.
The dogs have done most of the work, tiring the beast out, whilst the rest of us mobbed it, kicking and spitting - Nalbera hacking away with her axe and myself with my pick.
The thing didn't stand a chance.

Dawndeeps 22nd Granite, 1055

This place is such a mess... Today we cracked through a room which had been built against the far corner of the main chamber - to find it dark and empty exception of a dusty craftdwarf's workshop. How odd.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:51:52 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Matthew117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 04:42:33 pm »

hopefully the new version will reduce some of the frequent crashing

Matthew117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 11:20:21 pm »

Are you waiting for the next update?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 08:45:06 pm »

Are you waiting for the next update?
That was the plan, but I think I've left it too long to get back into it, plus, work just picked up with MyWorld, so I don't have any chance to do anything but that any more D:
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
Pages: 1 2 [3]