Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I get a pile of bones?  (Read 2179 times)

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get a pile of bones?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 04:59:00 pm »

When the bug is fixed and body parts rot into bones, then you should be able to make a kosher elf slaughterhouse. Just set up some traps that with large serrated discs and find a way to render the elves unconscious. The best way I can think of is this:
Code: [Select]
                      #######
#######################DDDDD#
^^^^^^^^^^1|||||||||||2DDDDD#
                      #######
# = Wall.
^ = Trap with good mechanism, stuffed with discs.
1 = Retracting bridge one.
| = Upright spike, attached to a lever.
2 = Retracting bridge two.
D = Depot.
Allow the elves into the tunnel, with all bridges extended. When the make it to the spiked section, retract bridges two and one to seal them in. Impale them on the spikes, then retract them. This should terrify them and render them dangerously narcoleptic with pain. A good combo. Now extend drawbridge one to allow them an escape path. They run out, passing out every few tiles. When the fall unconscious on the traps, they are ripped into many, many pieces, which will hopefully rot into usable bones.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get a pile of bones?
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 05:28:37 pm »

When the bug is fixed and body parts rot into bones, then you should be able to make a kosher elf slaughterhouse. Just set up some traps that with large serrated discs and find a way to render the elves unconscious. The best way I can think of is this:
Code: [Select]
                      #######
                      #######
# = Wall.
^ = Trap with good mechanism, stuffed with discs.
1 = Retracting bridge one.
| = Upright spike, attached to a lever.
2 = Retracting bridge two.
D = Depot.
Allow the elves into the tunnel, with all bridges extended. When the make it to the spiked section, retract bridges two and one to seal them in. Impale them on the spikes, then retract them. This should terrify them and render them dangerously narcoleptic with pain. A good combo. Now extend drawbridge one to allow them an escape path. They run out, passing out every few tiles. When the fall unconscious on the traps, they are ripped into many, many pieces, which will hopefully rot into usable bones.

I like it!

Its so much more gratuitous than just drowning them or cooking them in magma.

Sliced and diced into little, tiny elf bits, for even more carnage.
Pages: 1 [2]