Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stocks Screen  (Read 390 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stocks Screen
« on: November 22, 2006, 02:54:00 am »

While trying to upgrade my Dwarves' armour, I noticed that it counts objects used in buildings in the total number of objects.. making it difficult to see at a glance if I had any metal bars available.  This was noticeable because I built a large bridge across the magma river, as well as building my road and bridges out of tin and brass bars/blocks.  These should be listed in a sub-category, as all I want to know when I look at the stocks screen are the number of bars available I have.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stocks Screen
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 03:26:00 am »

A separation between "available" items and unavailable would be nice to have on the stocks screen, depending on how complicated it was to implement.  

However, you can get a quick view of your available metal bars right now by trying to build something (like a bridge); page up to flip around to the bottom of the list and past the logs you'll see a list of all your available metal bars.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 03:33:00 am »

Yeah, that's how I've been doing it.  The stocks are still useful, because I farm multiple crops, and need to keep track of my flour/booze/prepared foods.

Still though..

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 12:05:00 pm »

Yeah, I've brought this up a couple times now too.   I suggested that stuff in building either be added to the "red" colored items, or add another color (I'll use yellow for the sake of this discussion), and put the "building items" in there.

I'd also like objects that are owned by dwarves to end up in the "yellow" category - after a decade in the same fort you end up with so much clothing that you have no idea if you need to make more, particularly since there is no easy way to tell if you have any "extra".   (I have 228 dwarves, and over 800 pairs of shoes.   Is that enough?   Apparently not after looking around and finding a few people in tattered shoes. )