Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Furnace problem  (Read 636 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Custom Furnace problem
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:57:06 pm »

I'm having a weird issue. My custom furnaces are sometimes turning into unspecified 'Furnace' buildings when I load after a save. They work fine when I build them, and deconstructing them and rebuilding them works fine, and it doesn't happen every time. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what causes it?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Furnace problem
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:19:21 pm »

I've noticed if I modify or make a change in the raws, it'll affect the save as you described. However, I haven't noticed any other time.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:28:01 pm »

Last time I saw this was with a game where I hadn't made any changes whatsoever. I just started a new fort, tested some stuff, saved before doing my military, and when I reloaded from the save the furnaces were broken.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:30:56 pm »

I'm sorry, I've not had this issue with all my work with custom workshops.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:03:14 am »

After some testing, I think I've figured out what's going on. More or less, anyway.

It seems that any furnaces I build before I save for the first time are the ones getting messed up. Any custom furnaces I build after I save for the first time work just fine.

So, easy workaround seems to be to save the fortress before doing anything.

I'll submit a bug report on it, although I don't know how soon Toady will look at it seeing as it's a mod-specific issue.
Come play Mafia with us!

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 05:06:49 am »

Maybe best fix is to save on embark. If it works you can put that in your read me file for the mod.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 10:12:50 am »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Come play Mafia with us!