Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd visual bug on reclaim  (Read 816 times)

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Odd visual bug on reclaim
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:42:00 am »

My catacombs be hidden. What sorcery be this?
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd visual bug on reclaim
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:43:07 am »

My catacombs be hidden. What sorcery be this?

Cloak of Darkness +5. Every cavern comes preequipped with one, you have to explore it to take off the cloak's effects.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:43:46 am »

It's undiscovered ground. Sort of like the FoW on a RPS. You get it in Adventure mode and in the Caverns as well
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 10:45:13 am »

It's undiscovered ground. Sort of like the FoW on a RPS. You get it in Adventure mode and in the Caverns as well
It's not undiscovered, dude. I CARVED those catacombs.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:47:59 am »

Yes, mate. If you reclaimed then it would be "undiscovered" by the dwarves you have at that time, pal. If you don't believe me then send some dwarves in there and watch more ground spring up inside their Line of Sight, boy.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 11:11:28 am »

That's strange, when I reclaimed my failed fortress I could see everything I had mined, at least on the top layers.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:34 am »

You may have carved those catacombs, but god knows what all is living in them now.

Out of curiosity, why did you abandon?

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 03:45:35 pm »

You may have carved those catacombs, but god knows what all is living in them now.

Out of curiosity, why did you abandon?
I wasn't able to carve out the cistern in time before the murky pools froze. My dwarves were beginning to drop dead of hunger and thirst.