Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DarkCastle- The descent into madness  (Read 1148 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
DarkCastle- The descent into madness
« on: June 17, 2010, 09:29:41 am »

The earth spun around me upon my awakening. I inhaled sharply and realized something was not right, something was not right at all. The smell of fresh grass was changed into the fetid smell of death and  decay, and there was another smell one more offensive then any others. The sharp metallic tang of blood.
   I quickly opened my eyes and then cursed myself for my stupidity, I had not seen for thirty years what made me think I could see now?
   But what scared me was that now I could see. But I wish I couldn’t still, surrounding me was the mutilated remains of nine of my fellow migrants. I can’t believe I  am describing all I have seen but I must, to for it holds many morbid obsessions with me.
   The first of my group I laid eyes upon had his intestines wrapped around his neck, his eyes….his eyes were scooped out of his head and then shoved into his mouth. His whole torso was shredded into mincemeat but you could still see there was  a hole in the place where his heart should be.
   Three more where impaled by their heads on the thick pointed branches of a nearby tree-they also were missing their hearts, their blood was congealing around them and it slowly dripped from the lifeless remains.
   Three more Dwarves had their entire chest cavity hollowed out and filled with hundreds upon hundreds of flesh eating maggots that devoured the Dwarven dead flesh.
   The last two were seemingly skinned alive, but I see couldn’t  any bodies beside the hollowed out skins.

I stood there staring, unbelieving the horror which was in front of me. I then felt something heavy in my hand and glanced down.
   A knife. A blood soaked knife with the blood of my fellow dwarves congealing on it. It fell onto the grass from my hand.
   I killed my fellow Dwarf in cold blood, but before I did I tortured them horribly…what is wrong with me?!?
   What drove me to commit such horrible acts!?

I then noticed something, not all of the dwarves where dead.  Six migrants still lived, still breathed. They slept oblivious to the carnage around them and around their unbroken necks was an amulet. I didn’t notice at the time, but it was the same that was around mine.
   I thought about killing them horribly like I did the others and I found that it sickened me and instead of attacking them, I quickly checked the wagon. It still had all of its food stocks as well as the picks and the axes. It also had the Ales  and a rope reed bag full of rat weed that we had traded with the elves for. I quickly lit up a pipe full and tried to relax as I waited for the others to wake.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There is six positions available in this tale.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:47:06 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: DarkCastle- The descent into madness
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 09:36:36 am »

Il be in
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 02:02:28 pm »

Yangire fortress... +1  8)
Do you need some background or just the names will do?

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 03:08:09 pm »

Attention get!
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:33:16 pm »

Good job so far!
Can I have a dorf?

Name: Porkchops
Profession: Cook/brewer
Back-story: Nicknamed so for unknown reasons. Passionate about food.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:28:25 pm »

Well, here goes. Disregard what is needed  :P

Name: Kara Bladefingers
Profession: Surgeon/Bone carver
Back-story: A cheerful and kind dorf, she's a doctor-in-training, with a somewhat intense and disturbing interest in all aspects of both human and animal anatomy. She has a hobby of making ominous figures from bones... although for the moment she has limited herself to animal ones.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:30:11 pm by Lafiel »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:17:27 pm »

After the claming effects of the rat weed, I finally noticed that one of the others was stirring. A grizzled veteran of the last goblin war named Ochita, his nose flared then suddenly with the reflexes that were honed in war he sprang up and pulled his sword of the sheath at his side. He stared at the corpses for half a moment before muttering one word. The only word I ever heard him say.
   “Goblins.”
He then turned and stared at me with his haunting blue eyes and without another word sat on the edge of the wagon and began to sharpen his steel sword with a piece of pumice that we had in the bottom of the wagon. He jumped at every sound and stared into the heavy woods that surrounded us.
   Suddenly their was a croaking, then a soft rustle.
I my Dwarven survival instincts jumped into overdrive as I pulled a wooden spear from the back of the wagon and stood ready for whatever came out of the brush.
   What did jump out shocked me into laughter. A toad, a rather large toad, but a toad none the less.
Then it stood up on its two back legs.
On its blue-green underbelly was a large gaping hole filled to the brim with sharp clicking teeth and spines. Ochita lunged towards it and hacked its head off in one fell swoop. Then as its head touched the ground it grew crab like legs and began to scuttle towards Ochita, who promptly chopped it in half again. This time it grew pincers and attacked Ochita, giving him a rather horrible looking gash on his leg. He then sliced it in half again and again until it stopped moving.
   While he was doing this I had to attack the gaping maw, which just happened to sprout eyes and suddenly attack me. I took a running start and stabbed right through the left eye. I unimpaled it then killed it again, and again, and again, and again, and again; until it stopped moving completely.
   Me and Ochita glanced at one another we both sat down and smoked a pipe full of the rat weed. Both of us twitched as we heard sounds in the underbrush. But nothing came out, thank the gods.

Eventually the others woke they stared at horror at the dead corpses and they sat down on the wagon and began drinking all except for the woman named Kara.
   She was a nurse for a fortress in the far south that fought the demons for as long as they came out of the wretched pits of hell. She eventually got enough recommendations to be promoted to the doctor position and stayed there until she got sick of the death and left for the northern colonies. She joined the migrant group when she heard that we were heading for one of the more peaceful farming colonies.
   She stared at the bodies then sobbed. She then turned around and began drinking with the others.

((More on the others to come
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 09:20:59 pm »

Any room left for me?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,