Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making a Alien-like hive cave... is it possible?  (Read 2060 times)

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making a Alien-like hive cave... is it possible?
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:19:32 pm »

I'm making a mod with a cave-based civ, and would like the ground and walls of their caves to be fully covered (or at least smeared) with a specific material (a substance called hive plaster, for now). This isn't really vital to the mod, it's just some flavoring, as the plaster wouldn't really do anything other than stick to you and be disgusting.

I tried making them secreate the substance, but it only sticks to their bodies, without dripping. I tought about giving them the webber token. Would that work? Is there an interaction that would make them throw the webs everytime they were in an underground place? Giving them the "free action" token would take care of the problem of them being unable to do anything else besides shooting webs, I think...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
Re: Making a Alien-like hive cave... is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 09:40:56 pm »

You need to modify the entity to use
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WHATEVER_YOUR_HIVE_MATERIAL_IS]
and nothing else that can be used as a building material, you also need to have a reaction to make it for free and without a building, and reactions to build other objects you want them to build.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"