Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Water  (Read 1427 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: Water
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 04:03:30 pm »

Savegames now include a copy of the raws, I *THINK* you can modify those and have the changes in your savegame and not have to regen

Mikehpoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 04:58:46 pm »

Savegames now include a copy of the raws, I *THINK* you can modify those and have the changes in your savegame and not have to regen

Yeh seems they do, gonna try it now. Is this the peice of code I need to add to the entity_default.txt?

[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WATER]

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 05:26:51 pm »

I just skimmed over what he said, and didn't notice the mention about him needing it for patients, so that was my fault.

Further, I don't know if water is actually considered a 'glob'. I think it would be 'Drink', but I really don't know in that case.

As well, I suggested making the change the way I did because I've had problems adding/removing reactions to an already generated world.

Hacking and modding can be considered the same thing. Modding is just normally through a framework produced and approved of by those who release the game. A hack is typically done outside the framework by 'hacking into' the program, either by changing it's code directly, or by editing its memory while it's running.

Most of the things you find here are mods, they change the Raw Files that run the game, but it all has to be done within the raw frame work.

Some things, like Stone Sense and Dwarf Therapist, to name a few, are more like hacks in that they modify the memory addresses while the game is running.

Another example would be an Expansion Pack is typically a mod while a 'Trainer' is typically a hack. Heh.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 08:17:14 pm »

my mention of making water I left two of them GLOB im a bit iffy about too, and I believe DRINK is for boose it would be funny to have water that got you drunk "JESUS" lol if all else fails just tinker with GLOB and change it to DRINK or LIQUID either way it should work (I hope)
Pages: 1 [2]