Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.2(40d) - 31.02 version pending & In Trouble  (Read 5811 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: IT mod [clowns: a work in progress]
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 09:07:32 pm »

"Looks like I caught a wild herd of...Clown Cars?"
Wait.

That wouldn't be bad for a new type of wagon.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.1
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 08:19:45 pm »

Hey guys, I was looking at the raws for this just before considering generating a new world with it.  It turns out some file duplication happened, so I fixed that.  While I was at it, I went ahead and beefed up the mimes and added a new option for HFS leaders.  So consider it a new version!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 02:40:56 pm »

I want a clown civ with a clown adventurer.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.0b
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 04:00:00 pm »

(Fools)If you catch one of these and tame it, you should be able to shove broker and manager duties on it, unless there's something I forgot to put in.

Wait. You can appoint an animal as a noble?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 06:03:40 pm »

I think the "animal" should be of your entity race to be able to do it, so you can't.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 11:24:40 pm »

I had that option with a modded megabeast once, but didn't really take it very far.  So that is for testing just how far that can be taken, and if it works it'd be a nice homage to Terry Pratchett's Wyrd Sisters.

Thus far I've had no luck in obtaining one, though.

I want a clown civ with a clown adventurer.
You should be able to.   Are you sure the option isn't available?
Just so I remember

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 11:40:57 am »

If you want actual invisible melee weapons for the mimes, add them as attacks for the actual mime creature.  They won't actually hold a weapon, but they'll "attack you with one".  Make sure to scale the damage down, because there's some formula for damage based on size for creature attacks.
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP:, with an invisible sword, cut:, with an invisible sword, cuts:1:4:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]

This will also prevent dwarf mode hiccups like creating invisible artifact weapons, as artifacts draw from the entire item pool, not just stuff your dwarfs as an entity can make.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 11:54:46 am »

That's a good idea. I'll do that later today.  Some oyster roast party today.
Just so I remember

AnalogX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.0b
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 12:00:56 pm »

If you catch one of these and tame it, you should be able to shove broker and manager duties on it, unless there's something I forgot to put in.

So basically, we can have a fortress run by fools. That's just perfect!

Great mod idea, I think clowns are evil, so I might have to get this mod.

Raneman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 10:32:19 pm »

I might help with the rebuilding next version.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clown

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.2
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 08:17:20 pm »

I might help with the rebuilding next version.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clown
Thanks, I'd appreciate that.  That link also gives me some rough ideas on some things to do with the next DF version's version of the mod.  Anyway, I think I've got the mimes all updated and good to go, plus some other little fixes; bells on the jesters were being called "horns" in the actual game, among other things, so the next current-DF-version update of the mod should be up soon.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.2(40d) - 31.02 version pending
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 06:36:04 pm »

I have started the process of updating the clown mod for the new version.  I'm going to do this in two stages:  First, simply making what's already there compatible with the new version and releasing that.  Second, I'll try to flesh it out a bit more using the new version's raw options.

Edit:  Okay people, problems with the mimes.  One, they won't use they're invisible weapon attacks.  Two, losing an invisible weapon seems to count as a mortal wound.  Here are the body part and creature raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 08:39:13 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.2(40d) - 31.02 version pending & In Trouble
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 01:59:36 pm »

I like the title for the mod. I have a job for a fellow adventurer, seek out Pennywise, Clown. He's been one heck of a child snatcher and is associated with GCS. Beware it's Dead Lights.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.2(40d) - 31.02 version pending & In Trouble
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 02:19:34 pm »

Yeah, but in DF, nothing floats
Pages: 1 [2]