Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble Request for Master Architect  (Read 785 times)

lastpick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noble Request for Master Architect
« on: November 17, 2006, 06:12:00 pm »

How about a Noble Master Architect. His role would be to supervise the use of construction plans for the excavation and building of specific construction plans. I could see this working quite well. Maybe the requirement would be 200 blocks of stone created. An interface screen would be added to allow for the selection of building templates which could only be applied to an unexcavated location. The templates could be shown in a list like so

Meager bedroom (3x2) 1 Bed 1 Cabinet
Bedroom (4x3) 1 Bed 1 Cabinet 1 chair
Splendid Bedroom ...
Nobles Suite Basic
Nobles Suite
Nobles Suite opulent
Metalworks 1 Furnace 1 Smelter (13x13 storage)

Maybe these templates could be defined in easily editable files, allowing for custom creation and distribution of favorite designs. This noble would require the use of the manager in order to queue up the creation of room contents and say the Miners Guildmaster to co-ordinate the work of the miners

dav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Request for Master Architect
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 09:17:00 pm »

Sounds like more trouble to me.  But I don't really mind spending a long time tracing out designs.  Besides, by the time the architect would arrive, I'd already have all the nobles' quarters hollowed, semi-detailed, and partially furnished.  But if you don't build until nobles show up, I can see the appeal.

SnowWhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Request for Master Architect
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 12:47:00 am »

I'd like a noble (or macro) that automatically un-designates squares in a grid to keep the very large mined area from collapsing.  Something instead of repeatedly counting to seven with the arrow keys.
quot;...we literally tore a hole in the mountain, and slept in the mud for THREE YEARS while we waited for these tower caps to grow, and you come dancing in here, clutching your grass and berries like you''re Armok''s Sodding Gift To Dwarves, and tell us