Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DCUO Trailer  (Read 1549 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
DCUO Trailer
« on: July 28, 2010, 03:56:11 pm »

For those of you who haven't seen it, the new DCUO trailer is pretty awesome.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DCUO Trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:09:58 pm »

That trailer was epic movie material.  I would pay to watch that movie.

Otherwise...  *shrug*
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 05:20:32 pm »

Yeah, I've not been to keen on DCUO. A trailer about the story of the game doesn't do anything to help that.

Hopefully it'll actually deliver on some of the promises they're making, but I've a nagging feeling it'll end up much like the other superhero MMOS: heavily instanced, awesome char gen but mediocre gameplay, and nothing to do but beat up bad guys.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 06:29:01 pm »

I've never really kept up with comic books or superheroes, only watched a few cartoons as a kid and the bigger DC Universe movies (especially the classics).

Having said that, and with no interest at all in this MMO, that trailer was fantastic.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 06:59:40 pm »

The studio 'Blur' is, from now on, on my follow list :D They're awesome.
There's also a The Old Republic trailer by them, which is nearly as awesome as this one was. Awesome awesome awesome xD

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 07:25:49 pm »

The studio 'Blur' is, from now on, on my follow list :D They're awesome.
There's also a The Old Republic trailer by them, which is nearly as awesome as this one was. Awesome awesome awesome xD
Too bad it won't translate into gameplay...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 07:30:22 pm »

The game itself, from what little I've gotten to test out, is pretty fun (assuming you like superhero MMOs). Full voice acting for the various heros and villains certainly helps. Especially when it's someone like the Joker.

Not being much of an MMO person myself, I can't really speak to how it compares to the other superhero MMOs otherwise. *shrug*

Regardless of the actual game, though, the trailer is pure awesome.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 07:03:31 am »

Man, I was blown away by the trailer. I don't really know or care much about the game, not being an MMO player, but hot damn what a trailer.

It's the first time I've ever seen a proper depiction of Superman's heat vision outside of the comics (i.e. the most potentially fatal weapon in his arsenal). Plus I got a laugh out of Deathstroke beating on Batman with what appears to be a plank.

EDIT: I just realized the other time I've seen Supes' heat vision that deadly outside of the comics. Justice League, from Justice Lord Superman to Doomsday.

Also I was incredibly disappointed in Black Adam (Superman no-selling his punches? Bull.) but at least he took out two major heroes with the Shazam lightning.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:06:25 am by Josephus »
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 07:18:38 am »

tells nothing about gameplay.

but the trailer is awesome! when will it be ready for the cinema? I want to watch the movie.