Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: an idea to stop rotten prepared meals  (Read 655 times)

jomaphlo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
an idea to stop rotten prepared meals
« on: November 17, 2006, 05:39:00 am »

should be to can demand to a worker to immediatley put his works on a stockpile. Like this, the cooker immedialtey preserve prepared meal from rottening.

thx.

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: an idea to stop rotten prepared meals
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 04:26:00 pm »

Yes, generally he has to walk to the food stockpile anyways to pick up the next items.  Why not have him take the food back when he does this?  (or for any profession for that matter)  It would vastly increase efficiency, and would be able to be turned off by turning off hauling X item in the individual preferences of the dwarf.
''d be perfect if I weren''t so arrogant.

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 01:10:00 am »

This would pose a problem for other jobs, though.  Do you want your legendary mason to waste time dragging his doors to the furniture stockpile?

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 03:30:00 am »

i think the problem isn't that they don't store it.. but rather, they don't fit into barrels

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 11:06:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Frugal:
<STRONG>This would pose a problem for other jobs, though.  Do you want your legendary mason to waste time dragging his doors to the furniture stockpile?</STRONG>

I did mention that you should be able to turn off this behavior by turning off the action in the individual dwarves job list.  For example with your mason, turn off furniture hauling and he no longer hauls his own stuff.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »

Well, this is already the exact behavior of farmers, and I'm glad they do haul plants after harvesting them.  (You can see how the jobs are separate by turning on Dwarves Ignore Food on the orders screen -- they pluck 'em but then leave them blinking on the fields).

The more skillful the dwarf, the faster they're likely to clutter their own workshop, which slows them down anyway.  And they have to fetch their own materials.  Having the option to get them to stash their output is a good idea.  But it shouldn't be implemented by turning on any of their hauling labors, or else they'll walk off and haul things other than their own output.

Yeah, I want dwarves to clear their own shops.  This makes more sense than the current situation.

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 06:58:00 am »

quote:
Having the option to get them to stash their output is a good idea.  But it shouldn't be implemented by turning on any of their hauling labors, or else they'll walk off and haul things other than their own output.

Yeah, I want dwarves to clear their own shops.  This makes more sense than the current situation.[/QB]

Well, I think this idea would go well the way I described it if and when dwarves start to prefer to do the jobs they are good at first, rather than simply choosing randomly from what they are allowed to do.  I made this suggestion a week ago, and didn't get much response however.

Pod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 02:42:00 pm »

The still has a barrel, so why can't the kitchen have a fridge [barrel] as well?