Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military c/p utility request  (Read 432 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Military c/p utility request
« on: April 06, 2010, 09:59:14 pm »

Much as you can make uniform templates in m-n and apply them with m-e-U, you can't copy your painstakingly-made uniforms from one save to another. You also can't copy complicated squad programming from one save's schedule to another. So a utility that could copy an open schedule screen down and save it for later or re-paste a saved one, as well as a similar thing for fancy uniforms, would be highly useful. I've already seen people start complain that they can't do this within the game and I imagine that frustration will only grow. I would hope Toady would implement something like this in a bugfix but realistically it seems unlikely.

I'm not really a modder, nor do I know anything about utilities and memory hacking or whatnot, I'd just like to see what the modding community thinks about the feasibility of this.

ed- Going to take the overwhelming lack of response as a "no, don't think we can do that yet."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:52:32 am by Retro »

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military c/p utility request
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 09:38:13 am »

Maybe put this in the Bug Reports or Suggestions forum instead. Youd probably have a higher chance of Toady noticing it (since hes quite busy) and he can impliment it into the game.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Military c/p utility request
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:56:46 am »

Most of us modders aren't good with the memory hacking side of things, which is usually what you need for an external program to do this sorta thing.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.