Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: KILL KILL KILL K... Hey, let's be friends! [Minor Spoilers; Allusion to larger]  (Read 953 times)

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Little backstory:  My fortress was going pretty well.  So well that we attracted a few squads of goblins.  (And they were genuine goblins!  They had a few more humans in their squad than usual, but they were still gobbos!)  I locked up the fortress, leaving a few outside to die because I have yet to master Burrows.  I look at my militia and think they're ready, so I station them just inside the fortress and open everything up...

Gobbos begin to slaughter.  We had a population of 61 when they came; somehow, civilians managed to kill enough of them that they fled with 17 dwarves left.

I figure it's time for a clean slate, so I dig down to the bat man civilization that I found to try to get them to kill me.  It's very, very slow going.  One of their spearwomen (armed with a towercap spear) stood over a mechanic and her baby for what I'm sure was about an in game month, just stabbing...  and stabbing...  and stabbing.

Anyway, one of their blowgun women shot a stark raving mad dwarf to death, then started bashing everyone else with her blowgun.  It occasionally managed to bruise through their clothes.  Eventually, she passed out from exhaustion.  The dwarves basically seem to have just stood there as she hit them.

When she woke up, she was friendly.  The rest of the batfolk are still hostile.

Whaaaaaaat?

(Sidenote: I got an uninvited visitor.  He tried to kill all my dwarves...  then a batwoman spear woman and a militia commander teamed up to hurt it, and each get their legs torn off.  It was awesome.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:28:35 pm by PopeRichardCorey »
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.