Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Civs have "No Trade" with my site- bug?  (Read 1394 times)

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Civs have "No Trade" with my site- bug?
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:45:17 pm »

Sooo... I tried to site my fortress near the human settlements on this map.  In this pic, the site square is between all of those big human cities (you can't see it 'cause the plus sign was flashing when I took the screenie) yet I get "no trade" status with the them. 

Anyway, I am wondering if this is a bug.  The non-buggy possibilities I can think of are:

1) The squares around the settlements are too savage for the human caravans to cross (Not likely?  But this is a pretty harsh world I genned.)

2)  The human leader is not human, but a giant tentacled skinless hippo demon with acid breath who simply is not all that interested in trade (I am making that up, but I suppose it's possible).

4)  The humans are not interested in trade for some other reason... (not sure if that is possible?)

5) Some other plausible suggestion I can't think of...

Or, it's a bug.  Possibly an old bug that everyone but me is aware of.

I figured I'd run this past the more experienced people on this board before posting it to the bug tracker, just in case there is a perfectly good explanation for this.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Civs have "No Trade" with my site- bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:08:00 pm »

Traders can't cross mountains or oceans/lakes. On these new super-watery maps Toady has made, it's very possible you are separated from them by even a tile of mountain of lake. I'm not sure if they can travel diagonally.

Would help to know where your cursor is on the world map there.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 02:10:42 pm »

I'm fairly certain it's a bug.

Checking bugtracker...

EDIT:

Issue #673: On embark screen neighbours are listed as 'No Trade' without apparent reason

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=673

Some of these areas will seem reasonable, such as no one wanting to visit your fort in the terrifying desert of bloody death. Some of them will be nonsensical, such as the humans refusing to visit you in the forest three squares south of their civilization, but being perfectly happy if you move to the hellish swamps of despair, fifty squares to the east.
Hehe. Should I sig?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:15:22 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 02:25:04 pm »

Well,
my  first 4 fortresses also had "no trade" with each civilization.

Nevertheless I got trading caravans from all of them (i.e. elfs, dwarvs and humans).

When selecting the site of my 5th fortress I checked the neighbors screen more closely.
Well, I even got a "no trade" for all of my neighbors (including humans), when I moved the cursor into the  middle of one of the  human kingdoms, directly upon a road.
The locations where I didnīt  get a "no trade" on the other hand often were remote locations that seemd to be far from any roads and/or settlements.

So yes, it might be a bug

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 02:28:26 pm »

(i.e. elfs, dwarvs and humans).

WHAT KINDA SOBER DWARF MISSPELLS "DWARVES" AND PLACES THEM AFTER "ELFS" IN A LIST?

Unless the list is a list of "ponciest, dirtiest hippies ever," it should go Dwarves, Humans, Goblins, Kobolds, Elves.

The ponciest dirtiest hippies list goes "elves, elves, elves, humans."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 02:43:12 pm »

I'm fairly certain it's a bug.

Checking bugtracker...

EDIT:

Issue #673: On embark screen neighbours are listed as 'No Trade' without apparent reason

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=673

Some of these areas will seem reasonable, such as no one wanting to visit your fort in the terrifying desert of bloody death. Some of them will be nonsensical, such as the humans refusing to visit you in the forest three squares south of their civilization, but being perfectly happy if you move to the hellish swamps of despair, fifty squares to the east.
Hehe. Should I sig?

Right-o I think this is the same thing I am experiencing.