Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trader priorities?  (Read 696 times)

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trader priorities?
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:50:59 pm »

Is there a sort of trader maximum of goods for sale?  For instance, I want a whole lot of items and have a good supply of junk trade goods to afford it.  If I request like 50 different items at the highest priority to the liaison will I get a buttload of all of them? Will I hit a maximum trade and get none at all of some of them? Or will I hit a maxmimum and the ratio of all the items be the same, so I would have gotten the same at mid priority?

I mainly want to know because I want some items more than others.  Should I set the ones I want most to max priority and the lesser items to a lesser degree or should I set them all to max?  I can test this out of nobody knows and other people want to know as well.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Trader priorities?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 06:05:17 pm »

It depends on the weight of the stuff you order. If you order 4 lead bars, (maximum 4 per trading season on metals) then you're not going to have a lot of room for other things such as booze, food, etc. If you give the merchants a good profit margin, they'll bring more pack animals next year, meaning more goodies for you.

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:18:45 pm »

It depends on the weight of the stuff you order. If you order 4 lead bars, (maximum 4 per trading season on metals) then you're not going to have a lot of room for other things such as booze, food, etc. If you give the merchants a good profit margin, they'll bring more pack animals next year, meaning more goodies for you.

Ah awesome.  How did you know there was a maximum of 4 metals though? I'm trying to find where this information is, and it doesn't seem to be on the wiki.  I know in older versions you could easily get more than 4 bars o.o.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 06:24:22 pm »

I meant 4 bars of each type, like 4 bars of steel, 4 bars of aluminum, 4 bars of lead, etc, can all fit on one caravan. Sorry for the confusion.
Most of this was learned from experience or forum lurking, BTW. I rarely use the wiki.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 07:12:52 pm »

Yet the elves continue to show up with their unwanted wooden piccolos. 

But the booze... that's where it's at.
igless