Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reactions with stacks possible? (0.31.01)  (Read 685 times)

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reactions with stacks possible? (0.31.01)
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:13:12 pm »

I'm trying to duplicate some workshop functions in a custom workshop and wonder if there are ways to handle stacks? Specifically I'm trying to put milling reactions in a custom workshop so I can create jobs for each possible millable object instead of letting the miller flip a coin whenever I ask him to mill.

I've got it working where 1 plant + 1 empty bag = 1 dye in a bag + 1.5 loose seeds.

Of course the miller carried a stack of 3 plants over there, it would be nice if I could specify that he should process the entire stack, instead of just one of the individual plants per job.

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reactions with stacks possible? (0.31.01)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:20:15 pm »

If I can't work with stacks I suppose there are a couple options:

1. Require 3 dimple cups and an empty bag and produce a bag with 3 dye and 4.5 loose seeds. doesn't work, quantity 3 brings 3 stacks, not 3 plants

2. Produce loose dye and let the dwarves stick it in bags as a separate job. Have to juggle the dimensions I suppose to limit number of dyes per bag, I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:14:44 pm by random51 »

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:41:57 pm »

Stacks work, as there are metal reactions that take multiples of one bar (measured in increments of 150). I imagine that other items could easily be done in multiples.

That said, the real trick here will be cracking the powder code.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 01:49:32 pm »

Stacks work, as there are metal reactions that take multiples of one bar (measured in increments of 150). I imagine that other items could easily be done in multiples.

That said, the real trick here will be cracking the powder code.

Those reactions aren't using stacks, they're just using Reagent lines with quantities > 1. If they require multiple bars, the dwarf brings multiple bars, not stacks(bars aren't produced in stacks).

As for the powder code, I'm already making dimple dye in my custom workshop.
[REACTION:MILL_DIMPLE_CUP]
   [NAME:Make dimple dye]
   [BUILDING:SMART_QUERN:CUSTOM_D]
   [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE:PLANT]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE:MILL][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [PRODUCT:150:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE:SEED]
   [SKILL:MILLING]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:09:17 pm by random51 »

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:07:13 pm »

If I make reagent quantity 3, the reaction requires 3 stacks to be available, and the miller will bring 3 stacks of plants, although he will only use 3 plants in the process.

For testing purposes I'm creating stacks of 3 plants in a smelter reaction(since the plants aren't available at embark).

So, with reagent quantity 3 the miller brings 3 stacks of 3 plants to the workshop, uses 1 stack of 3 for the reaction, leaving 2 stacks of 3 in the workshop.

If I can't somehow specify stack then I am better off using 1 plant per reaction and not putting them into bags as part of the reaction.