Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: shooting bees.  (Read 1491 times)

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: shooting bees.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 09:39:04 pm »

Let me know if that works. I haven't actually had a chance to try something that complicated, so some of that may have been a little speculative ::)...

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 10:48:37 pm »

This is friggin awesome! but can you make the bees attack dwarves? cause i want to send my expendable peasants to gather honey and get poisoned ala cave spider bites.

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 03:53:45 am »

so i have had a bit of a breakthrough with ideas for this;

another way we could do this is to create a creature called "bee colony" which is made up of a number of castes:  Worker Bees, Drones (the males), a single Queen Bee and finally an immobile create called a "Bee Hive" which produces the honey.

how does this sound?  the giant cave bee is a good creature in its own right, but i think the caste path is the one we want.

Harmonica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 05:42:36 am »

Sounds great if it's possible. I've not really made any progress with the giant bee option yet. I have no experience modding the raws so I'm looking for some kind of guide to what all the creature stuff does.

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 05:59:03 am »

well as it stands the bee has been made milkable, but i don't think that "milk" thats been renamed honey is what i want.  i need to be able to turn the honey into Mead, but i can't work out how to do that.

i have also made no progress on making ordinary bees that live in be hives that are able to be harvested.

Why don't you make a new template based on the MILK_TEMPLATE. This template may also need to have the [DRINK:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:DRINK] instead of the Milk/cheese reaction stuff. You'll also need to define the drink in the creature.

Let's see. Maybe something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry mate, i cant get this to work :s

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 06:08:26 am »

I'd use a harvestable plant, set the symbol to the same as the ant colony, harvesting yields honeycomb which can be eaten raw, processed like sweet pods for honey, or brewed for mead.
Pages: 1 [2]