Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beware it's deadly blood! (Forgotten beast spoilers!)  (Read 6961 times)

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
Beware it's deadly blood! (Forgotten beast spoilers!)
« on: April 05, 2010, 02:15:52 pm »

So I got the message "The forgotten beast xxx has arived, it's a worm blah blah flies blah blah poison breath blah blah" and in the end "beware it's dangerous blood" :o

So I bravely send my swordsdwarves at the creature and it got killed easily. But about 30 sec after I killed it, the dogs that attacked it and some dwarves suddenly started dying of bleeding... And there is one dwarf with a permanent yellow wound on his hand, the hand in which he carries a xxx's ichor covered sword. Would it really be his blood? Pretty epic
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beware it's deadly blood! (Forgotten beast spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:52 pm »

Yes, yes it would.

Poisonous blood is indeed in the game.

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:22:20 pm »

This is beyond amazing.  We must inform Predator.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 02:24:59 pm »

Terrific, I was hoping it was the blood :P
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 02:29:55 pm »

You sure it wasn't an Xenomorph?

Speaking of which, I have to go watch the end of that movie now. Only saw the second one and half the first.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 02:50:44 pm »

So I got the message "The forgotten beast xxx has arived, it's a worm blah blah flies blah blah poison breath blah blah" and in the end "beware it's dangerous blood" :o

So I bravely send my swordsdwarves at the creature and it got killed easily. But about 30 sec after I killed it, the dogs that attacked it and some dwarves suddenly started dying of bleeding... And there is one dwarf with a permanent yellow wound on his hand, the hand in which he carries a xxx's ichor covered sword. Would it really be his blood? Pretty epic

Wait so now you have a sword which burns the heck out of anyone who touches it?
If only you could have an Ice causing blood covering.

That would be
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 03:15:09 pm »

I think you might need to freeze the affected dwarfs and dogs and hope for a cure in the future.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 03:18:30 pm »

It dosen't make it clear if the blood is just poisonous, or molecular acid like the Xenomorphs.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 03:27:19 pm »

Well the game warned me for blood, but everyone who died and the sword and floor are covered in ichor so I think that's it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichor

"When a god was injured and bled, the ichor made his or her blood poisonous to mortals."

:)

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 04:13:10 pm »

So, basically, if a creature has 'ichor' blood now, it burns other critters?
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 04:20:51 pm »

No, just if it says the blood is dangerous. I think "ichor" is the term they use for the goop you find in bugs...but I'm not sure.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 04:26:26 pm »

No, just if it says the blood is dangerous. I think "ichor" is the term they use for the goop you find in bugs...but I'm not sure.
Yeah, that's actually how I'm most familiar with the word. Bug-creatures make it instead of blood in DF.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 11:54:45 pm »

Yeah, that's actually how I'm most familiar with the word. Bug-creatures make it instead of blood in DF.
That is correct, I've seen a barrel of fly's ichor from humans. The megabeast was a giant worm.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 11:58:38 pm »

That is correct, I've seen a barrel of fly's ichor from humans. The megabeast was a giant worm.

Now the only question is how the hell the Humans collected a barrel of the stuff.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 12:17:47 am »

Now the only question is how the hell the Humans collected a barrel of the stuff.

My Dwarves embarked with 100 prepared Dragonfly Brains.