Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: God I flipping love this version  (Read 2543 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God I flipping love this version
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 12:14:51 am »

Inb4 1000 internet tough guys say that this game isn't awesome and that Toady isn't working hard enough.
That never seems to happen on the forums. Elsewhere, I do occasionally see detractors, but they generally just say that Toady sucks at code, and site that old snippet with however many hundred If statements to determine input. And occasionally bugs.

Generally, they appear to be trolls.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 12:37:08 am »

The problem with troll is that  building destroyer 2, so you need to take care of them before they get too far inside your forums and start destroying those threads. I mean you could always get your legendary bay watchers to rebuild them, but it takes time and effort that you could be using for mega projects like mermaid breeding.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 12:41:15 am »

they generally just say that Toady sucks at code, and site that old snippet with however many hundred If statements to determine input.
I sometimes think Toady released that code just to fuck with their heads- That someone who makes the basic dreaded IF spam can program something as hideously complex as DF.

Their heads must asplode just thinking about it.  ::)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 01:00:54 am »

they generally just say that Toady sucks at code, and site that old snippet with however many hundred If statements to determine input.
I sometimes think Toady released that code just to fuck with their heads- That someone who makes the basic dreaded IF spam can program something as hideously complex as DF.

Their heads must asplode just thinking about it.  ::)
I dunno, I could see DF being all if statements.
Code: [Select]
If DF running, lose game.
else crash.

:D
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: 1 [2]