Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Never embark with fire-breathing pets.  (Read 1116 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Never embark with fire-breathing pets.
« on: April 05, 2010, 11:01:16 pm »

The world, it is burning.   :(

And I can't get underground because the zombie Yeti that started the whole damn fire is sitting right next to the entrance of my hastily-dug tunnel, and none of my dwarves will go near it, and I haven't worked out enough of the military system to send them underground into the burrow.

Not that I want to...considering that would likely drag the yeti underground as well.  And while my dwarves can, oddly, wrestle it with no injuries, neither does the zombie take damage beyond a few broken toes.  All I can hope now is that it gets set on fire too.

My wagon and all my supplies are right in the middle of that cloud of smoke, too, and the yeti on top of them.  Now my only hope is the one miner underground with his pick.  If I dig fast enough to find the caverns, maybe there will be hope for a hermit miner!  Either way, it's Fun.

There's also a zombie version of my fire-breathing pets running around on the same map.  It will breath fire too.  Hermit challenge it is.

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Never embark with fire-breathing pets.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:40:17 pm »

Zombies and inorganics cannot die, they are immortal, except by stuff like atom-smashing or magma and other exceptions. It is a known bug, quite annoying.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:42:45 pm »

I thought that was only for skeletal?  Well, either way, it's a hermit challenge.  Now if I was only getting more than 2 FPS...

AxisKiller

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that could happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:43:28 pm »

Zombies and inorganics cannot die, they are immortal, except by stuff like atom-smashing or magma and other exceptions. It is a known bug, quite annoying.

Oh, that explains why my starting seven all died of dehydration while trying to wrestle a skeletal mountain goat to death.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 11:44:56 pm »

I've heard skeletal creatures can't be killed at all, but I had a swordsdwarf killing zombie creatures left and right until one of them bit his hand off.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 12:19:05 am »

Update:

The second miner made it underground with her pick.  The rest of the dwarves form a little circle around the yeti sitting next to my demolished wagon and on-fire supplies.

The first miner was mining this entire time, quite contentedly mind you, with a broken elbow.  He's kind of badass.

Managed to get water underground due to a biome having an aquifer, am digging a shaft downwards in another biome to try to strike the caverns for foodstuffs.

...If my two miners would mine, that is.  Despite being designated, they sit there next to the water hole cleaning blood off themselves and becoming friends.

The yeti, somehow, ripped off a pig tail sock from my expedition leader, and...well.

Funnily, the name the yeti acquired for beating the farmer to death with the sock is "Ankleblown".  :-\

The fire is still raging, in an ever growing circle.  My god, my FPS.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:21:43 am by Clover Magic »

Kelbin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:terrifyingly blocky features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 12:59:34 am »

Coalition soldier cancels attack dummy brain: interrupted by Rocklet. x6
Rocklet has scuttled!
Crab has been crushed! x106
Coalition soldier has been crushed! x6
Crab has been crushed! x43