Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cheap metal furniture?  (Read 1318 times)

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
Cheap metal furniture?
« on: April 05, 2010, 06:17:48 am »

Did anyone else notice how the furniture is costs only 1 bar of metal? Doors, statues, tables, thrones... Everything costs 1 bar of silver in my fort. But when there isn't enough i still get the message ... cancels construct ..., needs 3 silver bars. Is it bugged or a change which didn't change the announcements?
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap metal furniture?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 06:49:33 am »

there is a bug with anouncements, other exemple with the loom's "need 15000 [thread/silk]"...
yes 15 000 threads ...  ::)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:58:23 am »

I believe the thread bug is due to thread/clothing using more granular/precise units for things like bandages and sutures. The units have changed someplace internally, yet the game isn't being consistent about it enough. Something like that... I think.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 06:58:58 am »

there is a bug with anouncements, other exemple with the loom's "need 15000 [thread/silk]"...
yes 15 000 threads ...  ::)
no bug. It means the loom needs a full peace of thread 15000/15000. If the doctor has sewn a wound he uses (for instance) 100 and you get 14900/15000. Not usable for the loom but still a peace of thread.
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 07:02:03 am »

Keep in mind that it also applies to cloth and probably a couple other things I've yet to notice.
!!&!!

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 07:03:07 am »

But back to metal furniture, is it correct furniture costed 3 bars in pas versions?

Todestool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 07:33:50 am »

But back to metal furniture, is it correct furniture costed 3 bars in pas versions?

Yes.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 07:41:44 am »

Thank you, I have trouble getting to old pages :/

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 09:24:59 am »

You see that purple box at the top of every page? The last line is "Other Versions of this Article:  v0.28.181.40d · (v0.23.130.23a)" The links point to the old versions of the articles.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 09:27:11 am »

You see that purple box at the top of every page? The last line is "Other Versions of this Article:  v0.28.181.40d · (v0.23.130.23a)" The links point to the old versions of the articles.
Oh that's nice, thank you as well.

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 10:48:01 am »

Worst. User interface decision. Ever. We've gone Microsoft Bob here.

I do dig the cheaper furniture now, though. I'm not sure it's a good thing, what with the metric asston of metal lying around, but it is pretty nice until that gets boring.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 11:12:37 am »

Oh, nice. I got confused by the announcement of needing 3 of them, too. Good to know that's not actually the case - Even with the increased amounts of ore, needing 3 bars for every barrel and bin would be just downright frustrating.

Rose Gold furniture, here I come!
Reality is for people who lack imagination

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 12:33:33 pm »

Sorry to bust you guys' bubble, but this is pretty obviously a bug.

Right now, ANYTHING at the forge consumes only 1 bar of metal/wafer, but your smith won't make it unless he HAS 2/3/4 bars, as appropriate.

For example, breastplates require 3 metal bars, but will only consume 1. Barrels require 3 bars to create, but will only consume 1.

The fact that you can't make the item in question unless you OWN the number of bars required indicates that the consumption values are obviously bugged.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 01:06:14 pm »

Right now, ANYTHING at the forge consumes only 1 bar of metal/wafer, but your smith won't make it unless he HAS 2/3/4 bars, as appropriate.

For example, breastplates require 3 metal bars, but will only consume 1. Barrels require 3 bars to create, but will only consume 1.

The fact that you can't make the item in question unless you OWN the number of bars required indicates that the consumption values are obviously bugged.

Well maybe bars are also counted in length? Just saying random stuff now but it is possible. And of course it could be the announcement system or some other crazy thing. SOMETHING is bugged and you are pessimistic and think it's the cost :P

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 04:28:37 pm »

Well maybe bars are also counted in length? Just saying random stuff now but it is possible. And of course it could be the announcement system or some other crazy thing. SOMETHING is bugged and you are pessimistic and think it's the cost :P

No, it's really the cost. I promise.  And it's definitely not the announcement system.