Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My hunters won't hunt  (Read 890 times)

Possessed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My hunters won't hunt
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:11:14 pm »

So i'm struggling with feeding my fortress since farming and fishing has been nerfed.
This ofcourse is the worst possible timing for my hunters to do fuck all.
And they are just standing around, crossbow in hand, picking their nose. They have been properly assigned and have fetched their equipment and everything. The tasty deer outside my fortress are seemingly less tempting than starving to death.
Help meeh!
*meep*

BaronYiffington

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: My hunters won't hunt
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:19:01 pm »

Mine are doing the same thing, except the second they immigrated they stripped off all their armor, quivers and crossbows and dropped them on the ground at the edge of the map, and are now standing in my dining hall.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:29:25 pm »

Ok its not just me then... Sorry blacksmith your going to have to do without bones.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:31:57 pm »

I think it has something to do with the new military system, possibly you not having a arsenal noble that from what I heard is needed to give dwarves weapons and ammo. I haven't touch the military system yet so I am not sure.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:53:35 pm »

So i'm struggling with feeding my fortress since farming and fishing has been nerfed.
This ofcourse is the worst possible timing for my hunters to do fuck all.
And they are just standing around, crossbow in hand, picking their nose. They have been properly assigned and have fetched their equipment and everything. The tasty deer outside my fortress are seemingly less tempting than starving to death.
Help meeh!

Sounds like the awesome new pathing system.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 04:20:17 pm »

Try assigning the hunters to a military squad with crossbows and then give them a kill order for the deer.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 04:23:18 pm »

One - in military, check f-ammunition if hunters have ammo assigned.
Two - disable hunting labour and then enable it again. The dwarf should go hunting now.
Three - when he runs out of ammo, he'll get lazy again. Disable and enable the labour.
Four - enable gathering refuse from outside or else those hoary marmots will rot.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 11:17:03 pm »

I tried the above, and no luck. The goats are still safe, and the bolts are rusting.

Help?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.