Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can anyone make the artifact list sortable in 0.47.05 ?  (Read 167 times)

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
Can anyone make the artifact list sortable in 0.47.05 ?
« on: June 08, 2024, 01:23:36 pm »

I'm dying to have the list sortable, I don't care in what manner... just some way to make looking through it to find a particular artifact easier. 
With currently 875 dwarves in a 70-year fort this list is 900 items LONG... it makes me want to tear out my hair!
(I would be very grateful if someone can make a script or whatever to do this)
Bonus points $ if it can be color coded for named weapons vs artifacts, books.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone make the artifact list sortable in 0.47.05 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 10:24:30 pm »

This was a screen we never got around to implementing search for in 0.47.05. The challenge was that this screen directly displays the list of artifacts stored in the fort. Most other screens generate a copy of the lists, maybe filter it down, and display that copy. Because the artifacts screen displays a list used by other parts of DF, modifying that list would risk affecting the behavior of other components of DF, possibly breaking handling of some or all artifacts entirely. (This determination was made specifically in the context of searching, but also applies to sorting.)

So, unfortunately, this basically requires creating a separate screen to display artifacts. It wouldn't be particularly complicated, given that the native DF screen is pretty simple, but it would be more work than extending the existing sort and/or search plugins.

From a quick search, https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/pull/844 added a related feature in 50.x, but relies on UI changes that were made after the 0.47 series.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.