Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [31.01] Unlimited water exploit in adventure mode, and random tidbits  (Read 2221 times)

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you dump your waterskin on the ground (by dropping the water inside), it makes a "pool of water." You can then refill your waterskin from the pool of water, all the way back up to [3]. I've only tested this with [2]-full waterskins, but it means as long as you can find relatively clean ground, you will never ever have to worry about running out.

Also, you can pick up blood and throw it at people, which is awesome.

Lastly... In adventure mode, I pitted a dwarven ally (swordsman) against a bronze colossus... Eventually, night started falling, so I went into sneak mode, lay down, and slept. Eight hours later, dawn was breaking, and the battle still raged. I found the colossus pounding on my dwarven friend, who was overexerted - but only had a broken hand. So I went to sleep again, to find that the dwarf had barely sustained any wounds from eight hours of constant pounding.
So I killed him and took his stuff.
Something strikes me as just wrong, when a human with a bronze greataxe can kill an armored dwarf faster than a bronze colossus, even granting that the colossus was beating the guy with his own gauntlet...

Also, I found immediately afterwards that if I lured a bronze colossus into jumping into a murky pool after me, it would never move again. Just sits there. Won't even attack me if I get right next to it.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [31.01] Unlimited water exploit in adventure mode, and random tidbits
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 08:01:16 pm »

Maybe it rusted? ;)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:25:24 pm »

Yeah, beating people with non-weapon items doesn't seem to ever kill them. I had a troll in adventure mode that beat this one person with his own sock for a really long time. The person was eventually rescued.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:35:24 pm »

I've also found that, while you can still throw blood, vomit, and small rocks, they do nothing more than bruise people. I'm kinda sad, actually.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:03:57 am »

i recall it was in toady's plan to make children attack with rocks -cant remember the source
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 01:22:20 pm »

bruise damage to certain body parts is dangerous... seeing as that's all my bronze axe can do to chainmailed enemies. bruise someone's heart and they start deciding to take a nap mid-fight and eventually forget to wake up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)