Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Only one clownite wafer needed for metalsmithing  (Read 1901 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Only one clownite wafer needed for metalsmithing
« on: April 05, 2010, 01:03:51 am »

Not that I'm complaining :)
My armorsmith seems to only require a single wafer of hidden fun metal to create a metal shield, for example, even though it's supposed to use 4 wafers. I've had the same results with my other clownite items, as well - only 1 each is required. I seem to recall other metals having the same bug, but the adamantine was really noticable.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Only one clownite wafer needed for metalsmithing
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 03:50:32 am »

Not that I'm complaining :)
My armorsmith seems to only require a single wafer of hidden fun metal to create a metal shield, for example, even though it's supposed to use 4 wafers. I've had the same results with my other clownite items, as well - only 1 each is required. I seem to recall other metals having the same bug, but the adamantine was really noticable.

This is true of all metals that I  noticed.  Was just  coming here to post about it:

As long as I HAVE 4 iron bars, my  blacksmith will make an iron breastplate. But  he'll  only USE 1 iron  bar  as long as I  have the others.

Same went for lead barrels. As long as I  had a sufficient number, my metalsmith would make them  but only use  1  bar  to do so.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Only one clownite wafer needed for metalsmithing
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 01:07:23 pm »

As long as I HAVE 4 iron bars, my  blacksmith will make an iron breastplate. But  he'll  only USE 1 iron  bar  as long as I  have the others.
I don't think that even works properly. When I got the "Cancels Make Shield: Needs 4 adamantine wafers" message, there wasn't a single wafer of adamantine left in my fort. Since they're only using them up one at a time, there should be exactly three spare wafers lying around, but nope ???
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies