Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Designation > Clear up  (Read 484 times)

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Designation > Clear up
« on: July 20, 2007, 05:53:00 am »

What this suggests is a designation which can be used over an area, to ask the dwarves to 'clear' up the area.

Haulers will prioritise the items in the designated area, and the designation lasts for as long as the items stay there.

Items are taken to where they SHOULD be (stones in stockpiles, corpses in the right area ect...)

Uses: Clearing an area of stone before putting a stockpile in
"You forgot THAT corpse again"
Cleaning up a trapfilled hallway with items held by dead creatures
ect...

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Twilight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Designation > Clear up
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:43:00 am »

Hello,
 oh, yeah, designated areas to remove all non-stockpile and non-immobile (beds, doors - you could specifically remove) stuff (ore, mechanisms, buckets, DAMN rocks)!     :D ["This idea has been suggested 28 times before..." - yeah, but it's the good ideas that need to be reiterated...]
quot;Your world was destroyed by the price of plant cheese."

chaswick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »

I second this.  I would like a designate "remove rock" feature just to clear up certain spaces (eg for stockpiles).  This could do that job.
quot;@"@""i"

"A most unusual fungal rot," Mul observed, rubbing the greasy white mass between his gloved fingers.  It left a foul-smelling blue residue.

"But how can I get rid of it?" Doran said urgently.  "I''ve lost half of my crop to the blight al

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 08:44:00 pm »

I think this may already be in the next version...
You can certainly set your own chasm location, that's for sure, so i guess you could create a "Quantum stockpile" by designating a chasm area over a stone stockpile. Thus, you fit an entire mountain of stone into a single square.

Once you have 30 or 50 dwarves, it'd definite be easy to maintain a clean fortress with the above possible trick in action.  ;)

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Jothki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 01:00:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mechanoid:
<STRONG>I think this may already be in the next version...
You can certainly set your own chasm location, that's for sure, so i guess you could create a "Quantum stockpile" by designating a chasm area over a stone stockpile. Thus, you fit an entire mountain of stone into a single square.

Once you have 30 or 50 dwarves, it'd definite be easy to maintain a clean fortress with the above possible trick in action.   ;)</STRONG>

Not if they won't actually haul the damn things to the chasm.