Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Randomly melting  (Read 1431 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Randomly melting
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:48:22 am »

in adventure mode, I was visiting a human town close to a desert

suddenly, I get the message "You are melting", leaving a bloody trail behind me with every step

same goes for every human in the town, who is randomly melting, and after a while bleed to death

after a while, the melting stopped again, only allowing me to survive because I was too tough to simply melt to death

I recommend re-checking melting points of human flesh and the temperatures in the desert
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

derigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Randomly melting
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:03:46 am »

That's...awesome!

DamnedChoir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:29 am »

I got the same thing...oddly enough this town had Elves...while all us poor humans were melting (in the rain, too...but it continued indoors) the Elves seemed to be doing totally fine.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity

Solmyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 04:34:01 am »

I had random humans in town dying from being encased in ice, for unknown reasons.

Fox the Undead

• Bay Watcher
  • Frozen Dwarf Gas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 05:13:11 am »

I got dwarves on surface bleeding to death after rain in "warm" biome. Actually, in active zones menu meeting zone was labeled as Hot even deep underground.