Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Farmers are awesome  (Read 1425 times)

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
Farmers are awesome
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:53:55 pm »

So I'm digging along in the new version, minding my own buisness, when Suddenly

"the forgotten beast xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx has arrived" It had wings, a trunk and acidic spit

I hurriedly cancel all digging in the cavern and tell my dwarves to build walls to keep it out. Finally, my starting farmer gets to the last point before the stairway...

and walls herself in  with the critter. Immediatly, I draft her and hope she can hold out until the resident militia squad gets there.

She and a chained up puppy proceed to beat the ever loving crap out of the beastie, so that by the time the Militia got there to stab it to death, it was covered in red, yellow and brown wounds.

THe farmer's injuries: a brown hand, which healed before she got back to the fort proper.

The puppy's injuries: two yellow legs

Length of time she and the puppy fought: 4 mins at 40 fps
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Jagsman32

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Farmers are awesome
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 02:29:38 pm »

You have the report? I would like to see the strategy employed by said farmer.*

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 03:24:21 pm »

How can I find that? I check reports, But all it says is "no recent anouncements
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 03:45:11 pm »

How can I find that? I check reports, But all it says is "no recent anouncements
It sounds like you actually checked announcements. Combat reports are checked by pressing [r].

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 03:47:35 pm »

No, I checked reports. it had " the forgotten beast xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx is fighting" but no new reports when i clicked on it