Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megadam project  (Read 1704 times)

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megadam project
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:05:03 am »

So I've recently gotten a pretty neat embark in the new version that should allow for some megaproject Fun.

In short, here's my plan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The great thing is that most of that lower stuff freezes, so I should be able to sneak some floodgates in there come winter.  Any thoughts or ideas for improvement?  I'd like to eventually convert it to a magma river if I can get some up there.

:Edit: oh, forgot the main reason I posted this.  Do rivers obey normal pressure rules, or will having a huge reservoir in the place indicated going to cause backflow?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:19:51 am by Sir Finkus »

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Megadam project
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 05:48:55 am »

Rivers obey the normal pressure rules, and that's a nice river you've got there.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 07:08:53 am »

Rivers obey the normal pressure rules, and that's a nice river you've got there.
Ok, that just means a tiny bit more work for me, I can just drain the upper one and put some floodgates in.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 05:06:27 pm »

Hmm, that's very odd/cool.  It turns out that it almost happens automatically yearly.  First, the end of the river exiting to the north ices up.  The water has no place to drain, so it fills up that natural reservoir.  I then get a bunch of free water when all those 1s and 2s freeze into ice, then thaw in the spring.