Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military Screen Tutorial Proposition  (Read 960 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military Screen Tutorial Proposition
« on: April 04, 2010, 12:08:31 am »

I have this idea that someone should create a video tutorial of the new military screen (similar to capnduck's tutorials). Once the community can get a grasp around all the new information, bugs and crashes are ironed out, and people begin playing full fledged fortress, someone should create said tutorial.

The reason I think this should be in order is because this new screen has so many new features that it is incredibly intimidating to unfamiliar users. This new system has so many odds and ends that, at least for me, I can't even use it to be as functional as the old one.

I would do it myself, but I'm not to good at figuring things out and I'm certainly not going to be able to get some sort of recording software working.

municipalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • There really isn't anything to do there
Re: Military Screen Tutorial Proposition
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:44:00 am »

My guess is that Cap'n duck will eventually add tutorials to cover the new stuff in DF2010. Right now the game is in a fairly transitional phase as all the bugs get ironed out, so its probably not worth the effort. Until then, just refer to the wiki, since that will be more dynamic.
We need a common enemy we can magnify into a monster, whisper about, conspire about, hang in effigy.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Military Screen Tutorial Proposition
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 03:16:51 pm »

I'm actually planning to do a screencap one once I have it figured out.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.