Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any fix to the multiple mayors bug?  (Read 686 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any fix to the multiple mayors bug?
« on: May 13, 2010, 10:05:37 pm »

So, I've gotten myself a new mayor, and voila, now they both make mandates and demand better housing. Is there any solution to this besides an unfortunate accident?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any fix to the multiple mayors bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 10:41:14 pm »

Groom a chosen dwarf to be mayor. Its based a lot on social skills. 
With new immigration waves... you sometimes have dwarves with master liar or something.

So one of em has to go if you don't have the means to groom a dwarf.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

czolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:15:06 pm »

Fire will fix it.

But seriously, at this time, there's no fix besides the fix-to-end-all-fixes.
Sic sum in ignis; sic sum quiritatio

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 07:57:31 am »

For now, remove the ability of mayors to make mandates from the RAWs.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 08:43:41 am »

Wouldn't that require a world gen?  In 40d, all entity mods required a world gen.  That still that case?
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 09:08:10 am »

Also, I heard that assigning old mayor to other noble position enables you to see the mandates (s)he is making.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

katyrnyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 10:46:09 am »

By Order of The King:

It has come to attention of the court of nobles that no procedure was established for replaced mayors to vacate their offices and duties.  Therefore, effective immediately and for the benefit of all Dwarven society, all former mayors are ordered to sacrifice themselves to Armok by liberal application of Magma.  Your service will be remembered fondly in song and engraving.

Signed,
Urist McKing 

Buckermann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 12:34:24 pm »

My tip:
either set BABY_CHILD_CAP to zero or kill the kids as soon as possible. Because, when they turn 12, they had enough time to make a bunch of friends; among them axelords and other dangerous creatures. And they like slade. Or adamantium. Or both. Spoiled brats.

And your previous mayor, who likes copper, armour stands and dogs, will try to drown his sorrows in swamp whiskey.
Art reflects life, and then menaces with spikes.