Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Dwarf ignoring squad membership/still harvesting with all labors off  (Read 786 times)

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was trying to 'persuade' a new recruit to stop hauling and go train with the rest of his squad, so I disabled all of his labors.

Instead of realising he's meant to be in the barracks, he now idles in the meeting hall with 'No Job'. When fresh crops sprout he gets the 'Harvest Plants' job and goes off to pick them - I've double checked and 'Harvest Plants' is turned off in his labors list  :-\.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The harvest plants labour only refers to the command "gather plants" given through the [d]esignate menu normally. If you want to make it so that dwarves need this labour to harvest crops, then you need to go into the
  • rders menu and turn off "all dwarves harvest".
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you want to make it so that dwarves need this labour to harvest crops, then you need to go into the
  • rders menu and turn off "all dwarves harvest".
Ahh, that clears that one up. Still not sure why he's idle instead of joining his squad training in the barracks.

Keishin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: zagibu
Don't ask how many times I've accidentally spawned an alligator completely covered in adamantine with a battle axe strapped to its tail.