Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Thing  (Read 415 times)

JackoWords

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Thing
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:03:00 pm »

My friend and I were recently talking, and I wanted to throw out a suggestion that arose as a result.

It would be fun (and hilarious) if the Dwarves could unearth, in some deep, long-forgotten cavern, a dread miasma which, Thing-like, overcomes and consumes the population insidiously unless dealt with by an herbal concoction, or some other non-combat remedy. Well...or a starvation quarantine.  :)

It was a highly amusing idea, so I wanted to share it with you all.  :)

Nate879

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Thing
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

Call it "The Nothing".
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don''t.<P>The ultimate fate of the universe.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:38:00 pm »

wow, that would make this thread a never ending story!
igless

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »

This would be a waste of time to make, I mean you couldn't even see what you were doing with all the purple.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:56:00 am »

It wouldn't matter what happens in the purple haze, those dwarves are already dead! Seal it off before it's too late!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 09:35:00 pm »

Like a long-forgotten plague?

This could be a nice idea.. maybe accompanied with a small invasion of undead, kind of like when you unleash HFS. The disease could infect your dwarves and make them ill, and when alchemy is put into DF (antidotes, etc) it could be a lot more deadly to your fortress. It might go away in a time, but not before it infects your whole fort. Seal it in before everyone dies!